Chapter 15: Year 6 Part 2

Start from the beginning

Harry receives a scroll asking him to report to Dumbledore's office as quickly as possible. On his way, Harry runs into Professor Trelawney who reveals that it was Professor Snape who overheard her first prophecy to Dumbledore during her job interview with Dumbledore. Before Harry can confront Dumbledore, Dumbledore tells him that he has found a Horcrux and that Harry will be accompanying him to destroy it. Harry tells Dumbledore that he knows that it was Snape who carried word of the prophecy. Dumbledore defends Snape, saying that he was still under Voldemort's control and had no way of knowing that Voldemort would kill Harry's parents.

Harry goes with Dumbledore to find the next Horcrux. The memories show the cave and them travelling on a boat to get to a green light where a stone basin is located filled with a potion. Dumbledore dinks and begins to hallucinate. They are able to retrieve the locket before they are attacked by bodies that were in the water which turn out to be inferie. They are able to escape and head to hogwarts where a dark mark is hovering over the astronomy tower.

Once they went to the Astronomy Tower, Dumbledore paralyzed Harry under the invisibility cloak, when he is ambushed by Draco Malfoy. Dumbledore tries to get Draco to stand down.

"Draco, Draco, you are not a killer."

"I had to mend that broken Vanishing Cabinet that no one's used for years."

"That was clever ... there is a pair, I take it?" Dumbledore asked.

"The other's in Borgin and Burkes," said Malfoy,

"So the Death Eaters were able to pass from Borgin and Burkes into the school to help you."

"I haven't got any options!" said Malfoy. 'I've got to do it! He'll kill me! He'll kill my whole family!'

Then the memories showed the Death Eaters joining him including Professor Snape.

"We've got a problem, Snape," said the lumpy Amycus, "the boy doesn't seem able -"

"Severus... please..." Dumbledore pleaded.

Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air and then he fell out of sight. Harry follows them as they escape attacking Snape as he goes.

"Fight back!" Harry screamed at him. "Fight back, you cowardly-----"

"Sectum - "

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them - I, the Half-Blood Prince!"

"DON'T -" screamed Snape, and his face was suddenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, - "CALL ME COWARD!"

Harry reconvience with everyone in the hospital wing. Where he tells everyone, what happened. Bill was attacked by Fenir Greyback, a werewolf, but no one is dead. Mrs. Weasley assumes that Fleur will no longer wish to marry Bill, but Fleur is offended and tells her that she still intends to marry him. Tonks glares at Lupin and tells him that just because someone is a werewolf doesn't mean they cannot be loved. Ron asks Harry if he and Dumbledore succeeded in getting a Horcrux, and Harry tells him no. It was a fake someone by the initials of R.A.B took the real one. Hermione tells Harry that Eileen Prince was Snape's mother, which is why Snape called himself the Half-Blood Prince. Ron and Hermione decide to go with him, when he doesn't plan on returning to school.

"We'll be there, Harry," said Ron

"You said it once before," said Hermione quickly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we? We're with you whatever happens."