Prologue

(Present time)

Song: Falling by Harry Styles 

 Falling.

That's all she remembers. The falling. Flashes of blue red and white. She falls out of consciousness again when they put the oxygen mask on. 'What?' She thinks to herself as she  momentarily slips into nothingness. A brief flash of white. She wants to open her eyes, but all they do is flutter when she hears a muffled white noise. It's like she's under water, but the water doesn't make its way into her lungs. She feels as though she's floating in the sea, slowly sinking. She tries to swim up, but when she reaches the surface she can't brake through. 

It's like ice. She doesn't feel the burning pain in her lungs like she usually does when she can't breathe. Or when her asthma is kicking her from the behind. She feels nothing. Not even her OCD or ADHD come into play. She's just floating there under the ice feeling nothing. 'Is this what death feels like?' She can't feel scared though. She doesn't feel scared. She's still falling, but she embraces it. Accepts it.

"Harmony," an Irish voice thick with tears says as she's being dragged on a gurney to the nearby surgery room. They'll only allow him to go so far. "Baby, listen to me. You're going to be okay. Alright? They're going to help you. You're not leaving me today. You hear me?" She whimpered as the doctors speedily took her bloodied body down the hall. It broke Niall seeing his fiancé like this. His best friend. His everything. He can't stop blaming himself.

'You've really done it this time' 

"Why her." Niall whispered as he sunk down on the floor of the hospital while he slid down the wall. If Harmony was there she would've told him about the germs that littered the hall. Her OCD taking over of course. Niall was the only one who could touch her and she wouldn't be disgusted. She loved him, she really did.

They wouldn't let him go further past the doors that concealed his only love behind them. Niall prayed. Niall prayed to whatever god was up there. He can't lose Harmony. He just couldn't, it wasn't feasible. It was all his fault and he knew it. "Don't leave me." He muttered into the empty corridor. It was barren. Nothing good happened in hospitals. Niall couldn't see the good anymore. He didn't want to see it anymore either.

It happened so fast.

——————————

17 minutes prior

Ringing. She remembers her phone ringing. 

She had just gotten into a fight with Niall over the fact that he was losing himself. He claimed that it was just stress. Harmony being a singer herself understood, she wanted to help him, but of course he argued drunkenly that he could handle himself. The job had its good moments, but it didn't mean that it didn't have its fair share of bad ones either. She wouldn't trade it for anything else though. She wouldn't trade Niall for anyone else either. No matter how sad she was. Never angry. Just sad. Her tears made everything blurry.

As she was making her way down the dark roads at 11:11 pm she decided to pick up her phone on the fourth call, ready. Ready to tell Niall to make up his mind. "Do you finally want my help or not?" She questioned sadness being the epitome of her tone at this point. Harmony was never sad. Never. The girl always paraded around the biggest smile on her face and a new flower crown every week. She couldn't be mad or sad. Usually. It's like she couldn't. She wouldn't.

"Baby, come back. You know hadn't meant to yell at you. I- I'm just so sorry." He was right behind her. In his car, already leaning on the side of soberness. He hated that she was sad. It was his fault. "Come back home." He whimpered. Niall doesn't cry. How can there be room for crying when he's always happy? He liked Harmony. She made him happy. No matter her disabilities, wether it be her OCD, ADHD, chronic pneumonia or asthma her spunkiness made up for it in bucket loads. He really liked- no loved Harmony. And him being irrational was getting in the way of that.

Harmony was weighing the pros and cons of coming home, but she knew that she was going to return to the flat anyways. She sighed, momentarily not paying attention. She looked through her rear view mirror and put a goofy smile on her face. She'll be happy, because with Niall there's no way she could be sad forever. Not even if all the stars fell out of the sky and the moon shone brighter than the sun. "It's fine, darling I'll be there soo-" Niall cut her off. "Harmony, watch out!" Niall visibly paled at the sight in front of him. The truck was going to hit her. He slammed his foot on the brakes.

"Wha-?" her Irish/French drawl was cut off by a truck hitting the side of her car. She gasped as her car spun and finally making a stop launching her out of her seat and through the windshield onto the front of her car. She never did put on her seatbelt. Glass was every where. Loads of it. The bottom right side of her car was up against a tree completely smashed in. God there was so much blood. All bloodied, a single tear streamed down her face, she whispered one word before she was out. "Niall."

Niall put his hand to his mouth getting out of the car and rushing to the scene sobs racking his body. The truck driver giving the location to the police. He put the phone down as he turned to Niall. Niall pounced on him then.  Really unlike him he punched. And punched. And punched. He didn't care. He just didn't care.

———————————

-sunny xx🌻