heartbreak (w)

WESTON FINALLY DID IT

weston koury finally broke your heart.after a year year of pining for him,a few months of trying to get his attention,and finally,after the soul-crushing night of the confession-weston finally broke you.

he had told you that he only liked you platonically with "no hard feelings" but it still hurt none the less.you had wondered why you let yourself catch feelings for one of your bestfriends in the first place.

calling your friends on the way home from the disaster, they all repeated the same phrases of "he's not worth it!" and "you'll get over him soon enough" that became to sound like a hymn from church,lacking its meaning after so many years of singing it.

that night when you got home you stared in the mirror of a girl you weren't.a girl you had simply created for a boy who ceased to give you the light of day you had spent so long searching from him.you saw someone else.unconsciously,you started to curl your fingers around the long ends of your hair.after growing it out for so long it reached a few inches below your shoulders.

in the drawer to of the vanity held the trusty pair of scissors that get used for the occasional impulsive decisions to chop your hair & eyebrows off again.you knew tonight they'd come in handy once again.

immediately you opened the drawer and grabbed them-combing out your hair almost quickly enough to yank it out,and started chop at it how you wanted.when you shook your head and smiled at your reflection,you had finally felt like yourself.you had a devilish plan to go into a stream tomorrow with your own true face and style,rather than one you created.rather than being a persona for someone.

shockingly your chat & friends all loved it,suprised by the sudden change,but not negative towards it,and the praise had you thinking that maybe - just maybe - that boys weren't worth it anyway.