"Looks like it's your bedtime, old man." The Piglin chuckled, watching as Phil slurred a protest together. A laugh escaped your lips, bringing a smile on both Phil's and Techno's faces at the charming sound.

"My son, you picked yourself a good woman." Phil chuckled, now getting dragged out of the room. You were quick to follow, not once wishing to miss a single word that escaped the old mans lips- even if his comment left a red flush on the Piglins neck, muttering incoherent words to himself.

The journey to Philza's room wasn't long, both you and Techno able to bribe Philza into his bed while he still complained about not being old. Black wings fluttered as you both tried to remove the jewels and gold he had managed to decorate them with, being careful to not fray his feathers.

When Phil had finally been put to sleep, both you and Techno let out an exhausted sigh.

"Well, never in all my years have I seen him like...that." Techno smiled, gesturing to the door that lead to Phil. You nodded, for never before did you imagine Philza to become some type of crazy drunk.

Then again, what the hell was normal here?

"It was quite amusing though....it's a shame we had to leave the party so soon." Now, you weren't going to admit that you had loved dancing with him- for where was your dignity? No, you would rather face skeletons than embarrass yourself in front of this Piglin.

"Yeah....I actually enjoyed dancing with you, (y/n.)" his hand moved to scratch the back of his neck, however he didn't look away this time as he spoke. Rather, his gaze was directed right towards you, his eyes soft.

Your knees felt weak as his hand found yours once more, however he wasn't pulling you close to him this time. Instead, he pulled you next to him as he lead you through the halls.

"I understand you don't like social gatherings, Technoblade, but aren't you supposed to still be at the party?" You asked.

"I may be the king, but in the end this party will finish the same way the others do. Wine in the bellies of hundreds, and half the night hazy and forgotten by most. Most of them will forget I even left."

His reasoning made you laugh, covering your mouth in hopes to silence the noise. However when Technoblade let out a snort of his own, you couldn't help but let a few noises slip. "You sly dog. You know how to get yourself out of anything, don't you?"

"Well," he began, extending his words to exaggerate, "I do have a few tricks up my sleeve."

Your heart fluttered, his words ingraining into your mind. Oh how you could just fall asleep to his soothing voice, red gaze watching you as his warm hands pass through your hair.

Your daydream was quickly demolished, the scene of the library sending a smile of excitement through you. This place had been your save haven, sharing it with only one other person that made it so enjoyable.

Your feet still lingered with the dance, your own music playing in your head as Techno looked at you curiously. "Did you not dance enough (y/n)?" He teased.

Your smirked, pushing yourself closer to him and gliding you hands behind his head. Technoblade froze as his hands instinctively found your waist, staring at your face while your fingers combed through his pink hair. The cackle of the fire danced with the music still thrumming in your chest, fingers finding the clip behind his hair; and loosening his mask. You took the material and placed it on a nearby table, hands moving to take off your own mask.

Warm hands met your own as Technoblade hesitantly looked at you, something swirling in his eyes you couldn't pin down. With a small nod, you dropped your hands while he fiddled with the ribbon behind your head, loosening the mask and moving it off your face. His warm hand briefly skimmed your face as he removed the mask, placing it with his own so his eyes could drink in your features.

You took a moment to look at each other, the presence of time vanishing as you embraced yourself in the comfortable silence between you. His cheeks had been dusted red, whether from embarrassment or wine- you couldn't tell.

Your finger trailed a scar that ran along the bridge of his nose, finding another that began at his cheek and lead down to his neck. The image of him fighting battles with the same ferocity you've seen him with sent chills down your spine, hands returning to his shoulders as you exchanged gentle smiles.

Without a word, you returned to your dance position, however you had been closer than when surrounded by hundreds of others- your moves were less exaggerated and professional, instead trading them for slower, more passionate moves.

Perhaps you hadn't been crazy to dance to your own music, for Technoblade had found the pace as if it was playing in the air. Dancing in the silence, your eyes would occasionally lock with his as you spun, hand finding his again as he pulled you close. The mix of your breaths added to the heat of the room, but you didn't stop dancing, not even after the party had ended hours ago and those inside left to rest.

One dance lead to five, until all you knew was the ache in your feet.

When your song came to an end, Techno pulled you close to him, his chest pressed to yours as you shared breaths. To say you had been winded was an understatement. You were out of breath, and your feet hurt from dancing for hours in heels, but the flush on your cheeks and smile on your face didn't fade.

"Why do you do this to me?" Techno breathed, still not letting you go. His hand on the small of your back sent chills up your spine, his face dangerously close to yours.

"You'll have to explain what you mean, Techno." You looked up to him with half-lidded eyes, the ache of your dance finally settling in. You could feel his hand graze along the bare skin of your back, moving to hold the back of your neck.

"Why do you make me feel so weak, but in a good way? Why does my heart yearn when I'm not with you?" His eyes sparkled like rubies, dark red fading into the deep black that had you lost. The colour was so mesmerizing, luring you into his trap. But you didn't mind it.

"Why am I afraid you won't feel the same way I do?"

You weren't sure what happened first, whether it was your heart stopping to silence everything around you, the magic buzzing excitedly around your veins, or when your breath was stolen from a few words- but your head leaned in to graze Techno's lips with your own, gentle as if testing the waters.

"Kiss me, please." You whispered desperately. There wasn't anything else said before Techno pressed forward, hand pressing against your neck to pull you closer to him- connecting your lips. You could feel his small tusks graze the skin of your lip, sending shivers up and down your body.

His lips didn't linger on yours for too long- rather he parted while worriedly looking over your face, looking for a trace of anything to give him reason to run away. Your hand moved from his shoulder to the back of his head, carding his hair between your fingers. It was soft, just like you expected.

"I'm sorry- was that ok-?" He didn't have a moment to finish, instead you leaned your lips back into his, fully embracing him as he too, melted into your touch.

By the time your dance was over, the once crackling fire had turned into nothing but glowing coals.

««-------- ≪ °◇◆◇° ≫ --------»»

One of my favourite authors has posted a Ranboo x reader and I'm crying with happiness.

Trust me when I say: I know how you all feel when you see a new update for our favourite books.