It's Time part 2

We pulled up to the tarnished old entrance near the path that lead to our hideout. The truck wouldn’t be able to fit through the gate, so we had to park behind this large rock formation, because it would be a safe place for us to hide his truck.  We parked and got out cautiously, grabbing all of the equipment and making our way towards the center of operations, which was tucked far away in the forest. I shifted the backpacks that were on my back and began to walk, leaving Isaac behind me. I ducked under the metal pole that blocked the middle of the road and looked back and forth making sure nothing peculiar was in sight. It was starting to get really dark now. The sunset was striking and very colorful, but I had no time to gaze at its beauty now. My one mission right now was to get to the H.Q and prepare for the long night that was up ahead. I realized just how fast I was walking, when I tripped over a large stump and flipped forward, landing on my chest, packages ejected everywhere. I groaned, and I could smell the metallic odor of blood. I couldn’t move because I was so annoyed with myself. As I lay there, I finally realized that I was completely alone. Isaac wasn’t anywhere around me. I could hear the sound of the crickets making their chirping noise. I could hear the rustling of the red and brown leaves in the thick tree enveloped forest. It was so quiet that it hurt my ears, and I closed my eyes, trying to think of a song to hum, something that could fill this void that was closing in on me. Then, out of the silence, I heard something. It was rustling and stomping, and I sat up quickly, my pulse starting to thump. I looked around and saw that there was nothing; only a couple birds taking flight throughout the tall pine trees and out over the tops of them. Then there was silence. I gathered all of the packages up and shoved them back in the bag, desperate to get to the safety of my friends and shelter. As I was bent down, shoving the packages into the bag, something came from behind me, and I jumped, doing a spinning kick, preparing myself for a battle. But it was just Isaac.  I had startled him more than he startled me.  He fell on the ground, on his butt, and looked up at me terrified. I was still standing as if I was going to fight, and when I realized it I frowned and stood normally. I crossed my arms and spoke, “Isaac! What the hell? You know I could have easily hurt you! Psh, coming out of the forest like a rapist was not your best move…” I was a little ticked that he did that. He could have at least said something so that I wasn’t freaking out and having a panic attack over here… He looked really gloomy. “Sorry…” He said in a hushed tone. “I just got really worried about you. I didn’t see you anymore and I had no clue that you left so I was like calling your name out and running all over kingdom come looking for you. When I heard you yell I got really nervous so I started running. Then I found you. I didn’t mean to scare you Em. I’m sorry…” He looked down at the ground where he was sitting. I started to feel a little bad for what I said, and that I perceived his intentions wrongly. I smiled and said, “I’m sorry eye-sack. I didn’t mean to yell. Thanks.” I stuck my hand out to help him up. He looked up at me, and his face was still down. When I stuck out my hand even further and smiled even bigger, his face lit up and he grabbed my hand, standing up and brushing his pants off. We started on our way, this time, together, but in silence.