Chapter 19 : Kio

2 years after Missy left..

Missy's POV

"AND YOU'RE PROBABLY WITH THAT BLONDE GIRL, WHO ALWAYS MADE ME DOUBT!!"

The song driver's licence by Olivia Rodrigo is playing in our car, me and my girl group decided to go out on a summer vacation. It's already 11 pm in the evening we're still on the road, full volume jamming on the song. We are on our way to grab food on McDonald's. I am sitting on the passenger seat with my window down, as my friends and I lipsync the song.

"And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one,And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone,Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me-"

We reached the red light, then a group of guys drive besides us, blasting music as well.

They all looked at us, and then turned their music up more, trying to get our attention. Well you get it now.

"Turn it up!" Freya. She's my cousin dito sa states She doesn't talk tagalog but she understands tagalog. She lives here with her mom, my dad's sister.

"Ohh this is gonna be so fun!" Esme at back. She's Freya's friend. She's so nice and fun to be with.

My friends wanted to do the same so I turned our volume high too all the way up. The lights turned green, but the driver's caught my attention.

He looks at me and sends me a wink, then speeds up."Oh this is on." My friend Lylia said as she saw the guy did.

Lylia is the driver, she speeds up her car to try up to catch up to them.We all giggled and cheered for Lylia as she speeds past to them.

But then the boys catch up to us again and now they turned their volume down to say something, "Race to the hill," one of the guys yell from the backseat. While the driver's gaze looked at me."Try to catch up." i said looking at the driver as he flashes me a grin.

"HELL YEAH!" me and my friends yell as we beat the boys and reach the end of the hill.

We all get out to our car and turned our music up more and celebrate our win.

A few minutes later, the guys finally reached us and make their way out of their vehicles.

"Okay, you win." The driver's says as he walk up to me.

"Ofcourse, we win. I told you to try and catch up. You should've listened." I responded as my lips turned into a smirk. He doesn't say another word and gives me a cold look.

"So what are you ladies up to?" One of the other guys asked."Well we beat you on a race, so we will be celebrating right here." my friend Lylia reponded.

"Okay then, will it be alright if we join you?" The guy with a red hair.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you want." sagot naman ni Freya as she turned the music up again and then tried to sing along with the song."I'm so down for this." One of the guy said as he joins my friends.

Everyone seems to get along and have dun but... Me and Mr. Stranger,

"So are tou just gonna stare at my soul, or are you going to join in on the fun?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I prefer the first option." He answered as he formed a grin.

"Shut up." We both laughed.

"Missy. Missy Peige." I gave him my hand to shake hands.

"Kio Colminares." nagulat ako sa sinabi niya, "Teka, I think I've heard that name before."

"Really?" He grinned.

"You're the Governor's missing grandchild in Costa Am-!!" He covered my mouth!

"Ah shit."

"Hey- why did you do that! Ang layo nang narating mo HAAHHAHA pinagagawa mo sa buhay mo." pinagtawanan ko siya.

"...imagine, Costa Amo to States? You're insane!"I was laughing so hard when I noticed that he was silent. Nakaramdam ako.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine."

"Gagi edi sino tong mga kasama mo? Kilala mo ba sila?" Tanong ko.

"Yeah. Sumama sila e."

"You don't have plans? Or something? You can join us, you know. I'll help you."

"Thanks, but I don't need help. Just don't let anyone know that I'm here and we're good."

"Yeah, fine. Okay."

And that is how I met Kio. The stubborn grandchild of Governor Lucius Sebastian Colminares Sr. The one of the powerful leaders in the (3) Three Costas.