Chapter 4: Turters

Start from the beginning

At this point Zeke had already woken up from his sleep, he had just needed a drink but upon reading the note he quickly left to find his beloved blade. "Pandy?!" He shouted looking around until the lightning bolts shooting into the sky caught his attention, "that power.... That has to be Pandy!" he whispered before running as fast as he could to the ardanian base.

"Earth shaker!" The army man shouted and quickly sliced at Pandoria, a scream echoing as she was flung back hard landing at the feet of her driver.

"Pandy!" Zeke shouted and knelt down pulling her shoulders lightly as her eyes opened weakly,

"I'm... Fine but... That man has been capturing pets and wild animals... For no reason other than he hates them we... Have to free them my prince" She whispered tears in her beautiful emerald eyes.

Zeke looked up to the soldier before glaring at him, clearly unhappy with what he was doing not just to the animals, but his blade too, after all no one made Pandoria cry. "So you do have a driver, I'm a little disappointed, despite your elemental weakness to my blade you were holding up well against me in battle, I was planning on taking you for myself" he sneered.

This seemed to make Zeke angry, he took no time moving protectivly in front of Pandoria, sword at the ready. Just as the two were about to strike they were seperated with a wall of blue flames. "This... Fire" Zeke muttered and looked to his right quickly to see two figures walking towards them.

"L-lady.... Morag... Lady Brigid" the soldier stuttered his eyes wide as he stared at his superior and her blade who soon made the flames vanish.

"And what.... May I ask is going on here?" Morag asked looking between the men but her eyes lingered on Zeke longer, "the prince of Tantal...." she muttered so only Brigid may have heard.

"You really want to know whats going on flamebringer? Your damned underling has been trapping pets and wild animals with no good reason or warrent to do so, then attacked my blade as soon as she started trying to free the poor creatures! Thats what the bloody hell is going on!" Zeke shouted before moving to help Pandoria stand and letting her lean on him as her core healed her wounds slowly.

Morag looked to them before looking to the soldier who could only stutter and stumble over his words, before turning and trying to make a break for it but was stopped when Brigid made flames surround him. "I see.... I must apologise in this mans stead, I didnt know one of my men was causing this much trouble for the townsfolk. And it was wrong of him to attack your blade unprovoked, if you can find it in your heart to forgive this I will do what I can in terms of compensation" Morag said placing a hand on her chest and bowing her head a little.

Zeke was about to speak up but was silenced when Pandoria moved forward a little holding her arm. "Just... Help us release these animals and get the pets home, none of this was your fault flamebringer, my prince and I appriciate you both stepping into help" Pandoria said with a smile, she then moved to started picking the locks again to let the rest of the animals free.

"Pandy...." Zeke muttered before smiling softly "you have such a good heart" he then said with a sigh. Zeke walked over and also started helping her break the locks before noticing her wet clothes and her shivering a little. "Your cold..." he said quietly as he removed his jacket and lay it over her shoulders smiling as she blushed a little.

Before she could reply she felt something small rubbing against her knee, Pandoria looked down to see a tiny little turtle making her eyes widen. "Hey there little guy... Hehe, your just like a tiny version of Genbu" she giggled picking up the baby turtle and nuzzling her nose affectionately against his little shell. "My prince, can we keep him? He can be like our mascot we can call him.... Turters" she said smiling.

Zeke looked down to the little turtle and also couldnt help but smile as he stroked the little guys shell softly. "As long as he doesnt belong to anyone else then we can keep him he... Seems to really like you anyway" Zeke chuckled before jumping as Pandoria sneezed. Chuckling again he helped her up, lets get back to the inn, you need a warm bath and back to bed Pandy" he said smiling.

Once they had made it back to the inn, Zeke was in the room simply reading a book while Pandoria was taking a warm bath in the bathroom. Turters was there with her laying on the side of the bath and nuzzling her lightly whenever she leaned over to give him an affectionate nuzzle. After the warm bubble bath, Pandy returned to the room with a yawn and curled up on her bed with Turters on her pillow cuddled into her.

Zeke had to admit that this view did make him a little jealous, how this baby turtle had gotten so close to his blade in such a short amount of time to the point he could even sleep in her bed with her. He found himself pouting a little as he watched them then placing a hand to his chest, what was he feeling? Shaking it off he turned off the night light and fell back asleep himself, his dreams filled with the blade he cared so much about.