"I love you too." She cut in, punctuating his sentence with her confession. Smiles arose across both their faces as he leaned forward, hand cupping her bruised cheek, and softly connected their lips, soon turning passionate but controlled, considering their current location. If it were up to them, they would've kissed until both of them passed out from lack of oxygen, but they were rudely interrupted by little laughs and Leila's voice.

"Ew!"

They broke apart seeing Penelope holding the hand of Leila and Isabelle in the doorway. The eldest child held a small little teddy bear that came with a bandage head and a little heart in the middle displaying the words 'Get Better Soon' in it.

"Sorry to break up the mini reunion, but the girls had to see you!" Penelope said, leading them in, each taking a side of Emily's hospital bed. Hotch stood from his seat, standing next to Penelope who had a box of small chocolates in her purse for the brunette woman. "She looks ok, all things considered." She whispered to Hotch, as they watched the two girls and Emily smiling and laughing, as Isabelle showed the teddy to Emily.

"She's strong. She won't show any of the others that she's hurting." He whispered back before stepping out of the room.

Over the course of the next few hours, the team gradually entered and spent the rest of the time with Emily. Reid and Morgan checked off for all their tests and were discharged, but no nurses were surprised to see them in Emily's room, for she was all they talked about, wanting to know if she was ok or not. Emily, although smiling, felt every ounce of pain as it left her body with each laugh and Hotch could tell, clearly.

"I have your discharge papers and then you can get changed and we can go back." Hotch said, as the loud and abrupt laughter died down between the team. Emily was quick to sign, and kicked everyone out in order to get changed.

"Stay. Please." Emily begged, pain lacing her voice as she stood from the bed in order to grab her bag. Aaron, who closed the door in front of him, turned to face the limping woman reaching for the bag, which sat underneath the plastic chair causing her to wince.

"Hey, no. You heard the doctor. No heavy things and no fast movements. You're strong but not invincible." He helped her stand properly, telling her to sit on the bed as he grabbed the bag.

"Every muscle in my body hurts. It's like I've just been..."

"Beaten up by a religious cult leader?" He finished her sentence sarcastically, causing her to laugh lightly. "You need to take it easy."

"It looks worse than it is. I'll be fine." Her hands reached round in order to untie the loose bow from the strings at the back of the hospital gown, only to grimace at the agonising pain it caused, hitching her breath - as a cry for help. "Ok, maybe not so fine. Help please."

Aaron untied the bow as gently as he could, careful to not touch her bruised skin too much and reached into the go bag JJ had brought for Emily when they took over as the hostage rescue and support team. The gown slipped off, leaving her with little left to the imagination, but that was the least of Aaron's concerns. He grabbed a loose long sleeve white t-shirt and slipped it over her battered body before grabbing the grey-blue toned, wide legged, high-waisted pants JJ had packed as possible pyjamas. Although it didn't seem work appropriate, tight fitting trousers or heavy cargo pants seemed like worse options for someone who could barely hold themselves up. She managed to slip her ankle socks and familiar boots on without assistance but in consequence of lots of pain. Each flinch of affliction, as the clothes fitted to her body, shattered Aaron's soul for he wanted to take her pain and keep it for himself, saving her from it all.

"Thank you." She slowly turned, looking into the mirror, mounted in her room. "Oh, wow. This is a sexy look."

"Of course." He walked up behind her, slowly wrapping his arm around her damaged body. "Come on, we have to go now." He looked out the window, seeing the sun beginning the set across the skyline, creating colourful skies. As he began to pull his arm out of her touch, she grasped his hand lightly with her good one, haltering him.

"Just, wait."

That's what they did. They waited. Nothing to wait for, but they waited. They waited in each other's grasps, collecting body warmth and settling pain levels. They waited and watched the sun set even more, creating brighter pinks and pulling out darker blues - the colour of the bruises across the fragile body Emily witnessed in her reflection. They just waited - for nothing in particular. Just taking in life. The small things.

"Hotch? Prentiss?" Morgan said through the door, knocks snapping the two out of the secret bubble they'd made themselves. "You ready?"

"Coming." She answered back resoundingly. Slipping out of his touch was the last thing she wanted to do, but she had to. They could wait all they want, but it would inevitably make them late. Reaching for the bag was an action she shouldn't have even bothered with, for he had grabbed it before she could even extend her arm enough to feel the handle on the black duffle. "You're being pedantic."

"Cautious." He corrected, opening the door for her to step out first. Being front faced with the entire team as soon as they stepped out the door felt overbearing but not unexpected. His brows furrowed at the sight of half of them pacing the halls. "You guys good?"

"You were in there for ages! Thought you'd died!" Penelope stated.

"Or having-" Derek began vocalising his thoughts only to be interrupted by Emily, bearing witness to the children sat next to JJ.

"No."

They left, after picking up Emily's pills in which she's instructed to take 3 times daily for pain relief. Boarding the jet with more people than usual felt odd, but comforting and safe. Having Penelope around made it feel that way day in and day out, but the girls being there as well - despite the unfortunate circumstance - was like extra support and solace.

Just the feeling everyone craved after a case as intolerable as the one they faced, but there's been worse. Ian Doyle for starters.

A man who sits in the back of all's minds, diseasing everyone's thoughts at the loss of a friend.

No matter how fake the death was, they will never have them real 7 months back.

A regret and a treasure Emily takes guilt in owning daily.