Chapter 7.

"Surely she should be back by now?"

"Oh sweetie, she's most likely just in a meeting." Garcia said.

"Yeah, but what if she's not? It's been an hour!"

"That's a normal time for a meeting." JJ chimned in.

"What if she leaves me like the rest?"

"I'm not going anywhere." Emily walked into Garcia's lair to witness JJ and Penelope trying to calm down a pacing 9 year old with abandonment issues. As she could tell, it wasn't going good. "I had a meeting, I'm sorry it took so long." She crouched down to meet the child's level, as she came walking towards her. "I'm not going anywhere, I told you this." She whispered in her ear when the two collided in a hug. Emily just whispered sweet nothings into the girls ear until she stopped shaking. It was obvious it was going to be hard for Emily to get her to fully trust her, but Leila was worth the wait, and the endless amount of meetings she and Hotch now had to do with Strauss.

an hour prior

"How long has this been going on?" Strauss screamed as soon as she heard the click of the door closing.

"4 days? Maybe 5?" Hotch said, calmly. Internally, both brunettes were preparing to be fired. They knew the rules of office romances. 'Forbidden'.

"How is it 'maybe 5'?" Their boss shouted.

"Uhh-"

"Nope, it's definitely exactly 5, ma'am." Prentiss interrupted, saving Hotch from explaining the late night drinking leading to sex.

"So within 5 days, you two have become a couple, and are fostering a child-"

"Uh, not a couple, and Leila is just with me." She answered again.

"Then what is this?" Their boss pointed between the two of them, unsure how to proceed with her lecture.

"We are still figuring that out." Hotch said. He regretted it as soon as it left his mouth, knowing Strauss would lead on, for possibly hours, about 'no office romances'.

"No. There isn't going to be anything between you two anymore."

"Then I quit." Hotch started to take off his credentials as both women realised what he just said.

"Hotch-"

"No, Em. I don't want to wait anymore. I told you I would do this to save you from being hurt, and I don't care anymore. So, Strauss, I quit."

"No." Their boss stated.

"What?" Both brunettes said simultaneously shocked.

"No. You aren't quitting. You are one of my best unit chief's and if you quit, so will half of your team, including Agent Prentiss, who is one of the best agents. So, no. You're not quitting."

"Uh-" Both agents were stunned at Strauss' words, and didn't know what to do from here.

"Neither if you are quitting. This relationship will not be public. None of it will get back to the directors. The relationship stays between us and the child, depending if you tell her. Figure it out, and then report back to me, weekly."

"Yes, ma'am." Emily agreed. With that, the two brunette agents left their boss' office, smiles beaming on their faces. Neither knew what to say to each other until they walked into Aaron's office.

"Em."

"You really just quit your job for me? I- I'm in shock. Why? Why would you do that?"