⚤ U have to live on ⚤

Magsimula sa umpisa

Well, I didn't mind this form of play, but Emi could do it in one particular room. And now I see Manuela sabotaged my rule. When my girlfriend saw me, she turned pale. I quietly left the elevator and Emi ditched the scooter and ran towards me:

— Grandpa!

—Honey.— I reached down and held out my arms to her, and she fell into my arms. I picked her up and kissed her cheeks. — Who's riding the scooter?

—I was bored.— The child looked at the floor. — Are you angry?

— No, honey — I replied and smiled, but looked at Manuela, who rolled her eyes. — I'm not angry with anyone.

—Good.— Emi looked at me and smiled back. Her hair was braided in many braids - it was Manuela's merit. — Because I was really bored, and it's fun to drive here.

— You know where you can ride as much as you want — I replied and raised my eyebrows. — It's not allowed here, you understand?

Emi pressed her lips together and was silent, and I repeated:

— What should I hear from you?

—That I understand — she said. —I'm not going upstairs.

—Good child — I said and tickled her. She squealed and I asked:

— Would you like to go somewhere with me?

—Where?— Emi perked up, her large brown eyes staring at me curiously. — Where are we going?

—Just me and you — I said and walked over to Manuela. —Honey, me and Emi will go somewhere. We'll be back in two or three hours.

Manuela raised an eyebrow, but nodded.

— Call me when you get safely  — Manni asked. — May I know where you are going?

— This is a surprise for my princess — I replied mysteriously and smiled at Emmeline. She was curious and said:

— Tell me, Grandpa!

— Unfortunately not — I was determined and said to Manni:

— Honey, I'll call you, don't worry. We'll be back soon. But we'll eat something first.

Manni smiled and Emi protested.

— I will not eat!

— You'll eat and that's all you get — I replied calmly and ignored my granddaughter's whining. Proper eating was very important and I made sure my granddaughter had plenty of vitamins and meat.

Yes, meat. I may have been a vegetarian, but I thought there would be a time when this child would eat what I did. For now, she was going to eat everything.

***

When I arrived at Susannah's house, Emi had just finished singing the song The Holy River. I preferred that she liked children's songs, but she stubbornly sang some songs from my repertoire. I was touched and still did not believe that this child had such a good voice.

At times like this, I forgot my mourning and enjoyed my life. I had someone to live for and every moment with my granddaughter was precious to me. When I parked outside Susannah's house, I saw a familiar figure.

Wendy walked towards me and held out her arms.

— Who's here? A purple bastard! She laughed and then Emi heard her.

— Aunt Wendy! — The babygirl squealed and started to squirm in the child's seat. — Grandpa, I want to get out of here!

— Wait, honey — I muttered, irritated at Wendy who opened the door on my side.