one

chapter summary: dream takes care of his new house mate while wishing that george would move in with them. george tells dream big news. 

*

"shit, man, i can't even choke down water without feeling like i'm going to vomit my brains out," sapnap groaned, tossing his wool covers to the side. "this is absolute hell."

dream chuckled lightly, grabbing the glass out of nicks hand before it ended up as a pile on his bedroom floor. "yeah, and you look like hell, too. you must've picked something up on your road trip here."

dream shuffled to the door and flicked on the light switch, earning a muffled groan from sapnap. he chuckled again. "did you forget about george's stream later? i'm assuming you wont feel like joining."

sapnap sat up from his pool of sweat and snot and pressed his feet onto the cool hard wood, legs hanging over the edge of his bed. "nah. honestly, i might be dead by then. start planning the funeral now."

"he'll understand. you need to take a shower, alright? you smell like actual mold. i can make you breakfast while you do," dream offered. he tossed nick a towel before stepping out of the room he was now living in, and headed toward the kitchen.

dream reached for his pocket and pulled out his phone, quickly opening his messages, only to see three new ones.

are you guys joining later?

earth to dream?

did you die? i'm convinced you died. you always respond instantly.

dream smirked down at his phone. george was right, he did always respond instantly. he kept notifications on for george and george only, because they were best friends, after all. he thumbed at his phone in response.

i didn't die, but sapnap is about to. he picked up a cold in the process of moving in. it'll just be me joining today. hope that's not too disappointing.

dream set his phone on his marble counter top and waddled to the fridge, pulling out the strawberry jam and margarine. he then popped a few pieces of bread in the toaster and returned back to his phone, greeted by another notification.

never disappointing talking to you.

a grin crept onto his face. he really did enjoy their streams, just the two of them.

good. see you soon, gogy. :)

dream returned to the toaster, flicking the blistering pieces of toast onto two separate plates. he slathered one side with a thin coat of butter, and the other, a coat of jam. "nick, food is ready! come get it before patches does!"

dream took his plate to his room and plopped down at his desk. he chomped on his toast as he scrolled through reddit, trying to accumulate a fresh list of manhunt strategies. his next one was coming up and he was growing anxious, considering they were adding a new hunter. once he felt like he had collected a fair amount, he took to minecraft to actually test them. dream practiced his typical lava boat hopping, boat floating glitch, and other traps, but wanted to try a new scaffolding speed bridging hack, which surprisingly worked.

as soon as the light in his room quickly began to fade, signaling that the sun was setting, he snapped back into the reality of the real world instead of the block one.

shit, what time is it?

6:45 already? isn't george starting now?

no way i've been playing for 6 hours.

dream cleared his tabs and rushed to discord only to see george waiting for him in a vc, alone. he pulled his headset over his ears and clicked on the vc. "george, i'm here! i'm here. i'm sorry, i know i'm a few minutes late, i-"