Ch.38 - Second Chance

Start from the beginning

    Kylo reached forward and took it from Ushar's hands before you had the chance to grab it yourself. "No." He said simply, a brief shake of his head. "Don't give her that. She hasn't eaten in over a day."

    "Oh, come on. Champagne for breakfast sounds like a good idea." Vicrul interjected, giving his boss a big boyish grin. "Don't you think?" He asked, turning his attention towards you, eyebrow quirking.

    It actually didn't sound like a good idea at all. Your stomach was turning from nerves and you weren't sure if adding alcohol into the mix would be for the best. But glancing over at how cranky Kylo was and how eager the two knights were, made you want to at least poke fun at the situation. You loved your angry boyfriend.

    "Hmm, yeah...I think it sounds like a good idea." You agreed, giving Vicrul a mischievous look.

    "No." Kylo sighed, shaking his head. He was fully aware that you were just agreeing to irritate him further, you didn't even want the drink.

    "Well, hey, if you need something a little more...solid..." Ushar spoke as he dug around in his coat pocket before he pulled out a little bag of white powder. "We could add some cocaine to the mix. Breakfast of champions."

    "Absolutely not. Put that shit away." Kylo groaned, fingers pinching at the bridge of his nose in frustration. He somewhat appreciated the fact that they were attempting to cheer you up. But this whole situation was so risky, there was so much that Kylo still needed to take care of. He was in no mood to party.

    "No drugs." You agreed, chuckling, putting a hand on Kylo's knee. "But..." You trailed off, motioning towards the glass of alcohol in his hand, letting him know that although you were definitely not in the mood to get high, you wouldn't mind a few sips to get the edge off.

    Kylo inhaled deeply. He wanted to give you what you wanted but he also wanted to give you what was best for you. Those things were not always the same. He looked at your tired eyes and frowned. You deserved it, he supposed. "Fine. But only one glass and after you eat the food you brought." He decided.

    You grinned and squeezed his knee. You won. "Thanks."

    Kylo couldn't help but crack a small smile at that, to see you openly happy. "You're welcome. Now give daddy a kiss." He requested, moving in closer so that you could lean up and press your lips against his.

    The men across from you were staring intently, always excited to witness contact between the two of you. "Fuck yeah. Keep going," Ushar urged, taking a long sip from his cup, "But a little slower." He joked, causing Vicrul to laugh out loud.

    You two parted away from each other, sending them joking glares.

    For that passing moment, everything felt normal again. Nostalgic. It was like the four of you were getting high in Kylo's apartment, teasing each other and relaxing.

    But then you glanced out of the plane's window, going through the clouds and everything felt heavy again.

    You by glanced over to Kylo and you could tell that his thoughts were going in the same direction, a deep frown on his lips. Keeping his gaze out into the sky, he wrapped an arm around you and pulled you tightly against him.

    He kissed the top of your head, inhaling and exhaling audibly. "I love you, princess." He murmured in your ear, quiet enough for only you to hear.

    You swallowed hard, feeling emotional at his openness and at the sudden rush of worry in your stomach. You glanced up at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I love you too."