03.

Just like the previous days Akari had joint practice, watching the boys play

Just like the previous days Akari had joint practice, watching the boys play. She lay on the bench stomach down making sure her skirt covered her ass. She laughed by herself not bothering to stifle it when she thought of how Ushijima would react seeing a girls underwear; probably wouldn’t. Every so often she would hear the coach shout something making her roll her eyes.

Ushijima was still not here and she frowned at the thought of him avoiding her. Had he already become tired with her; she hadn’t even  annoyed him for long. When she was about to ask Tendou where the missed boy was, he entered the gym in his usual jersey and kit; and to say he looked handsome was an understatement. She never got tired of seeing him practice and annoying him with cheesy lines, it had become her new hobby.

“Ushijima-san did you miss me? I missed you.” She yelled at the elder boy cupping her cheeks which made her face look slightly squished. He ignored her once again and began practicing seeing as though he had already wasted a lot of time by talking to his teacher. “This ones for you boo.” Tendou called out to her before completely blocking one of Goshiki’s spikes. Akari pretended to be shy as she flailed her hands around telling him to stop.

When Ushijima decided to take a small break, she ran to him with open arms wanting to hug the elder. Ushijima not understanding this handed her a volleyball which closed the gap between her hands. Goshiki wheezed slapping his thigh at Akari’s failed attempt. “You little shit.” She muttered before looking up at Ushijima with a wide toothy grin.

“Ushijima-san, you’re a great player.” She gave him a genuine smile and Ushijima nodded trying to maintain steady breaths. She once again sat beside him just watching him do his own thing. Ushijima ignored the stares and wiped the sweat off his face and Akari prayed to be his towel in her next life. 

As the boys continued to practice the coach came and sat beside Akari. “I suggest you give up ushijima isn’t one to pay attention on things other than volleyball.” Akari pretended to focus on the work like the question was hard to solve it but it wasn’t. The coach only laughed telling her, “don’t say I didn’t warn you,” and with that he left her.

Akari couldn’t help but think the coach was right; the way things were going she wouldn’t be able to catch his attention in the way she wanted by the time he graduated. She frowned at the thought of not being able to flirt with him next year. So she turned the page to a blank piece of paper and thought of ways to capture his attention.

As she waited for Goshiki by the gates she saw Ushijima walk back to the gym and followed him. Ushijima continued to hit a few spikes and she thought of the perfect pickup line. “You served an ace through my heart.” She ran in front of him, making him halt abruptly the ball from his hands falling to the ground. He didn’t like being interrupted during practice, but he didn’t react in anyway turning around to grab another ball and spike it in that direction.

Akari stomped her feet on the floor after being ignored once again. “Don’t ignore me!” she huffed getting one of the balls and throwing it at his back lightly before storming off. Tendou snickered at the girl as she stomped past him and looked back to see Wakatoshi clenching his fist in attempt to not lose his cool at the girl who had disturbed his practice.

On the way home Goshiki was thinking of how to word what he had to ask Akari. “What do you have to say Goshiki.” She spoke walking backwards to face him. “Do you actually like ushijima-san or are you just having fun?” he questioned knowing Akari would do anything to have fun and well distract her. Akari’s cheeks flushed a little pink at the question mumbling she didn’t know slapping her cheeks due to the heated feeling.

Goshiki stared at her knowing she did know making the elder sigh. “Fine! At first, he was just hot but after yesterday I may have a little crush, he is such a gentleman.” She cheeks now turning fully pink as she pinched her fingers with a little gap to show how much she liked him. Goshiki nodded not knowing what else to say they didn’t really talk about things like that.