♡35 : While You Were Sleeping

Start from the beginning

A message from Zach in her mobile made her sad. She was ready for breakfast and was about to step out of her room when her mobile buzzed. 

Zach: Hey, hope you're awake by now. I am sorry, I couldn't inform you before about my travel plans. It was a last minute decision for doing important matter. I'll be back soon. Take Care.

Her heart was upset. In spite of all the reasons that reality threw upon her, the dream had made her longed to see him. She hurried up to catch him at breakfast so that she can spend some time with him before he leaves got work. But, it seemed like destiny had other plans. She re-read the message again and wondered where he is hearing too. Curiosity piqued her and she typed in asking, "Where are you going?"

She waited, hoping he will reply. He did after a few minutes.

Zach: To London

Amelia: Oh, I See. Where are you now?

Zach: In the terminal. About to board the plane. Have you taken your breakfast?

Amelia: Will have now. Take Care, Zach.

Zach: I will. You take care too.

Amelia stared at the messages for some time. She wanted to type in something, but couldn't. A nausea hit her throat. She was already feeling alone. She wondered how her life will be when she will be leaving everyone and moving on. How will she live without him?

A ring on her mobile intervened into her thoughts. She saw the caller and a smile and a tear followed together. She immediately picked the call.

"Amelia..."

"Hmm"

"I am missing not having our little chat at the breakfast table." Zach said huskily. His voice quiet and hoarse. She wanted to add 'Me too' but words were not coming out. Her thirst felt heavy.

"I have to go now, Amelia. Take care. See you soon."

"Soon," was all she could say.

A little pause as he thinks When I'm with you, hours feel like mere seconds, but away from you even for a while, makes me feel  like I have travelled down the years all alone’ and then he asked her almost holding his breath, hoping for a positive response from her,"Will you miss me, Amelia?"

Oh Zach... Only if I could show you his much I am missing you already, she thought as she sighed. She does not know if it will be right to say so or not, but her heart wants her to listen to what it says. It wanted her to tell him the truth and make his journey pleasurable and not sadden him. 

"I will... I will miss you, Zach" She whispered softly. He let out a deep breath and was almost quiet, if not believing he heard right,