I'm far from saving

Start from the beginning

"CHIDORI" 

Sasuke had wrapped his arm with lightning making sure to decrease the damage of the nine-tails cloak on him. He somehow was still able to also produce a Chidori strong enough to pierce through the skin even though this was his second time trying this technique.

Meanwhile...

Team Shikamaru was just outside the entrance of the base hiding behind the trees that surrounded it. Shikamaru signaled to Neji to search the area to which he responded saying there were no enemies guarding therefore they all slowly and cautiously made their way out in to the open. They ran towards the cave putting their backs against the rocky walls entering two by two making sure no one was fighting alone but as soon as they entered, a drastic drop in temperature made them shiver.

"W-what j-just h-happened? I-I know c-caves a-are supposed to c-cold but not THIS cold." Kiba stuttered shivering every so often. 

"Nevermind t-that, we need to f-find a way in" Hinata looked around attentively attempting to find any sign of Naruto but as they went deeper into the cave her vision became too fuzzy to see anything. Kiba and Akamaru sniffed the area around them finding a trace of Naruto's scent but always came to dead ends or became distracted by Choji's snacks that gave off such strong aromas. 

"Hey guys I found something" Choji had found a secret entrance that was camoflauged by a strange shadow so Shikamaru tried manipulating it seeing if he could perform some kind of shadow pick locking. Something clicked and the door slid open allowing them passage, finding themselves in a damp and dimmed room full of different chemicals and scrolls stacked up in boxes along with some other creepy junk.

"It seems they were planning to move," Neji stated inspecting the scoll lying on the ground.

"You're right and I think this tells us which Akatsuki member took Naruto" Shikamaru answered making everyone intrigued. He pointed to a box full of scrolls containing various amounts of forbidden justu and secret clan justus. Next to it was a glass container that had a snake's sheded skin. Kiba seemed very disturbed by this exclaiming why on earth someone would keep this. 

"Orochimaru." They turned to look at Choji confused.

"Yeah. This place probably belongs to him." No one said a word after Shikamaru's comment because they knew that if Orochimaru is connected to this place there a high chance Sasuke was lurking around. 

"What do we do if we find him?" Choji asking as quietly as possible since no one else really wanted to ask. 

"It's better if we avoid him as best as possible, it will only create further trouble. Remeber why we are here." It was true Sasuke was not the mission but Neji's answer only made them wonder more.

Kiba on the other hand seemed to have a death wish, wanting to confront Sasuke for all the trouble HE has caused. Hinata and Shikamaru just kept their opinions to themselves as all they really wanted was to save Naruto and leave as quickly as possible without drawing more attention to themselves. 

BOOM.

They were all startled and ran to the place they heard the noise. It sounded loud, meaning it was close, but very powerful also meaning that they weren't in for a warm welcome. After many twists and turns trying to find the cause of the impact through the maze of boxes and dark hallways, they drew close to an open entrance. Kiba asked if either Neji or Hinata could use their byakugan to see inside but when they activated it, they were met with static. 

"It seems the barrier from the outside affecting the inside as well" Neji de-activated his byakugan however Hinata continued to stress her eyes trying to create a clear image. A sudden large red fox created by chakra appeared out of the blue, making her stop running and jump back. She quickly rubbed her aching eyes keeping them half-open.