33: 7th first

"𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭," 

~🌙~

"You left without saying goodbye?" 

"Jongseong, I'm sorry. I-I just... I have to do this, okay?" she whimpered. She sounded as if she were crying. If she was, I felt little sympathy. How could she be the one crying when she left us?

"No, you don't! The seven of us were going to help you through this. You're one of us now, but how could you just leave? Do you know how disappointed they're going to be once they find out. Even Sunghoon vouched for you because he knew you weren't somebody who ditches their friends. You, Eun Hyerin, should know better than that!" I eventually screamed down the phone. I was so built up with anger and resentment that I didn't feel the magnitude of my words.

"I don't need a lecture, right now. I have to go," She replied with a harsh tone. 

"Then go! And since you're evidently not coming back take this conversation as the last you'll here from us,"

"You don't need to say it like that, Jay," she sighed but I could sense an eye roll on her end. 

"Jay? Only friends get to call me, Jay,"

"And I thought friends were supposed to be supportive of ones decisions? I thought you understood why I needed to go, which is why you kept quiet and didn't give me a reason to stay!" she argued back, clearly heated with the theme of the conversation. 

"I gave you a reason!"

"And you were too late!" Hyerin sniffed through her tears, "Look, I'm sorry... To all of you. I really am. I hope you have a good life. Take care, will you? I need to go now."

"Hyerin, wait-,"

"Goodbye, Park Jongseong."

Hyerin ended the phone call, leaving me angry with words she would never hear.

"Shit," I grunted to myself before launching my phone down the hallway. It flew through the air and bounced off the wall. It landed on the floor with crunch - there went my screen. I huffed. Though more than anger flooded through my body, taking it out on my phone wouldn't bring her back.

I picked up my phone and noted that I would definitely need it fixing. The screen was cracked everywhere. I could barely make out my lock screen. Ah, yes - my lock screen. It was a group selfie that we took after the fashion event. It had everyone in it. All of the guys and... Hyerin. Coincidentally, the part of the screen with her face on it wasn't cracked and it made me chuckle. 

I chuckled to myself as I left the complex, but shortly, chuckles turned to sobs. I didn't realise how sad I actually was. It was disguised as a rising anger, but now that it had passed. I was empty. The tears continued to pool and fall and I'd wipe them every consecutive second. My feet were heavy and my chest burning with pain.