Chapter 15: The Hopeless Flirt

Start from the beginning

"I was not aware I had to inform you of every single friendship I develop Jacob" I couldn't hide the stern tone on my voice.

I was so done with people judging who I was friends with.

"Soff" Bella's tone was an evident warning to behave, I ignored her.

"It's just that ..." Jacob faded off and glanced once again to his friends.

I started to get suspicious, what was it?

"Kim Lewis is hanging out with Jared Cameron" Embry finally spilled out.

"Yeah" I nodded "I just told you guys that"

"Who is Jared Cameron?" Bella questioned, she seemed just as confused as I was about their strange attitude.

"Jared Cameron is on Sam's gang" Jacob lowered his sight to the motorbike parts scatter on the floor "Along with Paul Lahote"

"Gang?" I snorted.

It was not news to me the fact that Jared was friends with Sam but I was mostly certain it was not a gang.

"They are not good company to keep" Jacob warned me with the most serious face I have ever seen on him.

"Jared is a senior but he basically dropped out" Quill shifted his weight from one leg to another "He is never there and the teachers vouch for him so he can get a diploma"

"So he is just your cliché bad boy" I shrugged my shoulders

"I, for once, am not surprised he hangs out with Kim" Embry shrugged his shoulders "The girl is a total badass"

"True" Both Jacob and Quill agreed at the same time.

"Isn't she just 16?" Bella inquired.

"Yes, that makes her even more impressing" Embry nodded with a dreamy look on her face "She street races every weekend on Port Angeles, never loses"

"Aw" I smirked "Someone has a crush"

"Shut up" Embry blushed deep red, Quill and Jacob high fived me "Anyway I am definitely not her type"

At his last comment, both Jacob and Quill, sniggered. I squinted my eyes at them.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Last year of Junior high" Jacob kept laughing "Embry thought it would be a good idea to spend all of his saving buying tons of flowers for Kim" he paused when another fit of laughter interrupted him "Then Kim very explicitly explained to him that she could not date him since he was not a girl"

"She is gay" Bella stated with her eyes wide, I schooled my expression into a perfect stoic mask.

"That she is" Embry nodded as he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

I kept eyeing my sister that was completely immerse on the conversation. She hadn't make any other comment about Kim.

What does she think about it?

Is she okay with it?

Would she care?

"And that is why I am taking my cousin to prom" Embry shook his head, trying to forget his memory "There is no way I am going through asking another girl out any time soon"

"Good thinking" Bella sniggered.

My phone beeped with a new message, I glanced at the screen. It was Kim telling me that she was already at her house and ready for me to pick her up.

"That is my cue to go" I stood up from the chair.

Bella smiled at me "Have fun"

"Thanks" I nodded "See you at home"