chapter 41: devistation everywhere

After the traumatic sight of planet Inari, we decided to head home. Inari was much further out than Chuzen, so it took us longer to get home. We were also going to be at a huge financial loss, because Inari's shipment didn't make any revenue. We'll just be overstocked I suppose.

Things only got worse however, as we unknowingly were boarded. The bandits boarded three of the twenty vessels. One was empty from the chu shipment, however the other two were mine and another with Inari goods!

"All hands to the hangar! Don't let them punks make off with our stuff!" I said gathering my shield vest, gun, sword, and utility belt.

As I made my way down, I heard gun fire and soon, joined in the fray. Shots whizzed passed me as I his behind a steel crate. As I fired back, they would hit my shoulder with a round.

"Argh I'm hit! " I cried.

"Captain!? The hell are you doing out here?! " shouted one of the crew mates.

"Like I'm not gonna help my crew fight?? It's just my shoulder.... I'll manage.... " I said, trying to fire back, but the recoil hurt too much.

One of the roosters came to my aid and carried me out of the fight and to the medical wing, no bird pun intended. The thing with lazer rounds or plasma rounds is that it burns the wound and there's no bleeding, however it's more painful and agonizing, because it's a several degree burn that's deep.

After a few hours of treatment, the commotion below was quiet. The door slid open as a ostrich walked in.

"Captain, I have good news and bad news..... " he said.

"Oh no.... " I groaned.

"Good news is, there were no casualties.... "

"And the bad news? "

".....we... Lost two ships and cargo... The crew aboard the stolen vessels were able to escape to the neighboring ships.... "

"Christ....least they're safe... "

"Aye sir.... Anyways, how are you feeling sir? "

"I'll manage..... The water took out the heat and softened the burnt tissue.... Should start healing soon... "

"Good, if you'll excuse me, I must return to my duties.... "

"Aye... " I said, waving him off.

He soon left as the doctors and nurses came in to redress my wound. I can't help but look at the financial impact of all this. Two whole ships stolen and cargo.... That's gonna hurt big time.....

After a long voyage we met our destination, but we weren't home at the same time. There was only debris and dust particles.

".....where are we? " I asked the navigators.

"Surely we didn't miss our planet..... The co-ordinates are correct... Strange..... " he said astonished.

"Maybe the planet moved because of orbit?" I said, rubbing my chin.

He nodded and followed the system all the way around. It took several days, but we ended up at the same spot.....

"I don't understand....this is where our planet is supposed to be! " I shouted.

"I don't get it either sir! " said a navigator.

An audible trembling caught our attention, the flamingos started to cry and got to their knees and started crying hysterically.

"What's wrong lads?! " I asked.

"Our planet isn't here.... Because it's destroyed!! " he cried.

"Impossible..... Nonsense! " I shouted.

"It's the yoru!! They came and destroyed our planet and left nothing! Why do you think the moisture here is heavy?! " he shouted, pointing at the scanner, that was in fact detecting high levels of moisture and water..... Our water....

The whole fleet went quiet..... As well as the whole room...... Those monsters actually destroyed our home..... The most unlikely target.... We were supposed to come home to hatchlings and our mates....... Now.... There's nothing....