🔺 Chapter 23🔻

Start from the beginning

"I'm still processing the whole thing, two days isn't enough for that"

"Husband and wife matter no suppose allow day break"

"Osas, when you get married, you'll know it isn't easy. Marriage is no bed of rose"

"I know, life generally no be bed of rose.  You don't ever see ready made bed way rose dey on top am naturally? No, na person dey pour the rose put on top. Your marriage na as you lay your bed, if na rose you put on top, fine, if na bottle you break put on top, na you the thing go chuk (stab)" she answered and he smiled impressed by her wisdom.

"Life never show una pepper! Assuming life don show una pepper, una for they appreciate every simple moment way go put smile for una face, you no go even fit vex for somethings cause you don experience worse! Make una treasure una marriage"

Obianuju gave Raymond a look and he returned the look back then he exhaled looking away.

Raymond dropped Obianuju and Osas off at the foundation then he decided to see Osaze just before going to work.

Osas' phone rang and she picked the call just before entering into the broom closet. "Hello good morning" "So you can't even call someone and let the person where you are?" Ejiro asked and a smile curled up her cheek.

"Sorry"

"Sorry? Do you know how many missed calls I left?"

"I no go fit see the miss call and I no sabi your number for head. I for call you" "You didn't even tell me where you went to, i was seriously worried! I thought maybe they caught you, I had several death thoughts about you! I was sincerely worried"

"I being think say you no care" Osas answered, this was followed by a long silence, "Osas, are you okay?"

"Yes. I went to Kubiat's house to straighten out somethings and after, I slept at Mrs Obianuju's house" "Thank God you're fine, will you be coming home?"

"No. I'm at work"

"You should come home today, I'll like us to have a talk" she answered and Osas' heart leapt in fear, has it finally come to an end? Could this be the end of her living in the house?

"I hear. Thank you"

"Call for a meeting, I need to address everyone"  Osaze said to Obianuju who gave a gentle nod. "Okay Sir, but you have things scheduled for the week" Obianuju answered swiping through her IPad, "There's this reporter from Real television that called, she thinks you're dissing her and you don't want to show up for the meeting"

"I'm busy"

"I've been telling her that for a month now Sir, she's bound to get tired. Fix a date, maybe on Saturday"  "You have a wedding to attend on Saturday, except you're not attending the wedding. It's not even my job to remind you of that"

"Fix a date you feel it's convenient and then get back to me" he exhaled rubbing his forehead and Obianuju got worried. "Is everything okay?" She asked and Raymond pointed at him.

"I was even going to ask the same question"

"We're moving"

"What?" Obianuju asked, "Why?" "The owner of the building wants her building back"

"But I thought....." Obianuju trailed then she scoffed in understanding, "Your Mom wants it back, why?"

"I'm no longer with Eniola so..."

Obianuju smiled, she couldn't hide her excitement, "That's actually the best news I've heard all week" she confessed and Raymond who was seated looked up at her.