Chapter 15 : Start!

Start from the beginning

"I know. I'm as shocked as you when Blaze, Yuga, Aika and I got out from the metal room and walked a long way then ended up in a dead end. We kept walking and encountered another one. The routes are very confusing like walking in a deep forest. The more you walk, the more you feel lost. Then when I piece together the routes we've walked I noticed it's like a maze. So many dead ends, and you need to choose wisely the path you walk to find the exit."

"How did you find this room?" Touma asked.

"Pure luck. We've been walking for hours, exhausted and worn out. Plus, we were a bit wounded from the fight with the wolves. We thought we wouldn't ever find the way out of this building. Takeshi and Yuga also passed out from the tiredness," told Blaze.

"It must be a troubling moment for you," Touma said sympathetically.

"Yeah, it is. I decided to let them rest against the wall until they regained consciousness and energy to walk again. Then I noticed Yuga's wound is getting worse. I panicked and didn't know what to do."

*flashback*

"God, Yuga's wound is getting worse. If this keeps going on, he will die."

"D... Die?"

Blaze was surprised and immediately covered his mouth when he realized he said that out loud.

"No, I didn't mean that..."

"No! I don't want Yuga niichan to die!" Aika started crying and sprinted away really fast.

"Aika! Where are you going?!"

Blaze ran following Aika. He stopped when the little girl stopped in her tracks.

"Aika... Don't run like that." Blaze said as he catched his breath. He saw Aika staring at something and he looked at it. There was a door in the left side of the wall. "Huh? A door?" Blaze was surprised. No way he had expected to see a room in the building, when they had been walking alongside plain walls all these time.

"I'll open it," said Aika as she ran to the door.

"W-Wait. It could be a trap..."

"Then..." Aika looked at Blaze. "I'll use my clairvoyance."

Blaze was reminded that his little sister had a power to see through things. He was relieved, Aika's ability is really useful at times like these.

"Alright."

Aika closed her eyes for a while then opened her eyes. The second she opened her eyes, their colour turned into green. They're shining, indicating that Aika is currently using clairvoyance. Aika focused her gaze on the door.

"Aika

"Aika...? What did you see?" Blaze asked.

"A living room... It's like a house in there. Many boxes are lying in the kitchen, oh I just saw through them, they're food stocks. Hmm and also there's like an infirmary room there with many medicines and medical appliances."