|Chapter 3| War Between Brothers

Start from the beginning

"So I've invited you here to see if you'd be their solution to their fighting. I've heard stories from your mother, about how strong headed you are. I need someone like you here with them. I don't have the guts to talk to them like I'm sure you would. I love them both too much.." She said after taking another sip of her now almost finished tea.

She wanted me to help out on a silly rivalry between two boys? Couldn't she had called a priest for that? I mean..I suppose I could help. I am strong headed. This would also mean I'd see Elijah more..wait what?

"Oh..It'd be lovely to help out but-" I was interrupted when Marcel stormed into the room.

"Mother. Shouldn't you have had informed me that she was staying? I had to find out from your other son. I was headed to my room when I saw him and Lucy preparing a room, I'd ask who it was for but with her here I'd already known." He said looking at the Queen's eyes with anger, he then shot me an annoyed look.

He was getting on my nerves. I now understood why everyone had trouble putting him in his place. He was rude, disrespectful, and most of all, he was stubborn.

"You talk to your mother like that? I understand that someone would sometimes blurt out something like that to their mothers when angry, but then they'd be sorry, you? No. you're not only rude to your mother, but insanely rude to the Queen. If I were her, I'd put you in your place a long time ago." I quickly respond to Marcel, with a tone that usually worked on the dogs and horses when they wouldn't listen to me.

Scolded, Marcel replied with a scowl. "Who do you think you are? My mother?"

"No. No offense to you, your highness." I say looking at the Queen. She nods, knowing I had more to say, allowing me to continue.

I began, "I wouldn't want to be your mother. I'd feel embarrassed knowing my son had a bad mouth like yours. I'm sorry but, I know for a fact Elijah would make a btter king than you."

With awe, the Queen nods.

"You little Bi-" Marcel got interrupted by Elijah, who had heard the whole thing, and had a smile on his face.

"You've said enough haven't you Marcel?" He says.

"No one likes a lurker Elijah. Can't you see I'm putting a disrespectful little girl in her place?" Marcel replies with anger.

"No. You've got no right to do so. She was rightfully putting you in your place, you are not." Elijah replies, now walking over to me and the Queen, who was forcing back the need to get a biscuit, and acting as if she were watching her daily Opera show.

"Is this entertainment for you mother?" Marcel ask with a tone.

"Drop the tone Marcel..please. Drop it." She replies quickly. She was getting upset.

Before anyone else had the chance to say something, the Queen said, "Whether you boys like it or not, Katerina will be staying here. Its not up for discussion." She was proud of the tone she had used.

"Did I hear you incorrectly? Or did you imply that she'll be sleeping in a suite? Instead of sleeping in the Servant dormitories." Marcel said with an annoyed tone.

This prick.

"She'll be sleeping in the room next to Elijah's, he chose it for her." The Queen said with a mischievous smile, sometimes I mistook her for a child.

Elijah blushed at the comment. Did he also think of the Queen's words the way I had thought of them? No way! A man like him couldn't possibly think of me that way.

"Shall I escort you to your room?" Elijah ask, lending a hand out.

I took his hand, and he helped me up. This poofy dress was very annoying.

"Uhm, sure." I responded

He lead the way, and I followed. I could almost hear the Queen giggle in the other room.

"This castle is Beautiful." I say. Breaking the awkward silence between me and Elijah.

"It is? Hm, I suppose it is." He replies.

We've arrived at my room, and I couldn't help but admire the beauty of it.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asks, was he..proud?

"It is! Did you arrange this..?" I asked. I was confused to why he was so proud.

His ears went red.

"I did..do you like it?.." He says.

I didn't like it. I Loved it. "I do! It's lovely." I respond.

He smiles.

"By the way, you look gorgeous. I've missed you old friend." He says with a grin.

I knew Prince Elijah and Prince Marcel when we were children. But when I had to move to Italy, we were separated and we never spoke again.

I'm glad he missed me..I didn't realize it until now but, so did I.