Chapter 3

Shoto POV

I wake up. Weirdly not from a nightmare.

Oh
my
god

I remember what happened last night.
Bakugou...he ripped me out of my nightmare...he comforted me and helped me. I must have fallen asleep before he left.
I look at the clock. I have an hour. I get ready and after about 30 minutes I head down to the lounge.
There are a few people there. Kirishima, Midoriya and an explosive blonde sitting at a table. Kirishima talking happily with the green haired, cheery boy and Bakugou yelling at him from time to time. He's eating some cereal. He looks up and sees me, he stopps what he is doing, holding eye contact with me and then, slowley focusing back on eating. I feel my face heating up, while watching him eat and his jaw clenching when he chews.

Hot.-
No no no not the time for this

I space out thinking about what happened last night and about how I should act.

"Move it half 'n' half" someone growls at me from behind.
I move out of his way. Bakugou goes to wash his bowl etc. I decide to talk to him.
He glances ate as I stand directly beside him, staring.

"To what do I owe no pleasure?"
he says, the sarcasm and mocking tone dripping from his words.

"I..I...ehm...how do I-"
I get cut off by him whispering:

"Calm down icyhot. You don't have to explain anything right now. BUT, I do want an explanation some day."

I nod and stare into his eyes. His expression isn't at all readable. Same goes for me.
He pats my head and turns away and puts away the dishes.

~~

The school day goes over pretty normal. Pretty Boring.
But I do catch myself staring at the ash blond boy, sitting a few seats infront of me.
I had seen a side of him, that probably nobody had seen. He could ACTUALLY be caring and nice and sweet. I blush at the thought of us hugging.
BUT I soon realized that he had shown me a new side of him, but only because I was weak and vulnerable too.

'he looks down on you, now that he knows how weak you are'

Really?

'of course dumbass'

But maybe-

'maybe he likes you too? oh come on nobody likes you even as a friend and then most certainly not as more!!!'

You're right

Oh god what if 'father' finds out
he's gonna beat me
no no no

The bell, signaling lunchtime, rings.
I flinch at the loud sound.
Midoriya asked me the same question as the day before. I gave him the same excuse and forced a smile.
As soon as I was in the classroom alone, I felt the panic rising up im me and I started breathing irregularly.
I run into the bathroom. At this time, nobody would come im here, since everyone was at lunch.
I lock himself in a stall and start crying and sobbing, I grab into my pocket, searching for something, when I found it, I take it out.

A razorblade.

It's laying in my hand, wanting to be used, as I had used it so many times before.

~Flashback~

"What the hell is this?"
Endeavor yelled at shoto, in his giant hand, a tiny looking blade, smeared with blood. Shotos blood.
Shoto didn't notice he had started crying. Endeavor walking towards him.

*smack*

A stinging sensation in his cheek. Shoto put his hand up to his face.

"How the hell do you think the world would react, if they found out about this.?
You wouldn't be taken seriously by any pro- hero or hero in general.
You will not do this, ever again.
You will never surpass All Might, acting like this.
Understood?"

"Understoo- (not to be read as a moan)ugh"

Endeavor had kicked Todoroki before he had a chance to agree or reply.
Todoroki couldn't hold it any more and threw up.
Endeavor just leaving and locking the 'training room' door behind him.

~enddd~

3rd Person POV

Todoroki pulled the blade across his arm a few times. It hurt like hell, but he just continued crying quietly.
It hurt.
But Todoroki immediately felt a huge weight liftet from his heart and mind. He repeated this a few times...till he had 7 fresh cuts. Blood leaking from them.
He leaned his head back against the stall and let out a deep sigh then he got up to take care of the wounds.
He went back to the classroom and continued his day as if nothing had happened.

Bakugou POV

I wake up, my phone says it's 1 am.
Once again, my wall turned into fucking ice. Not only the wall, but also my desk and a part of my bed.

How the hell dare he, that little half 'n' half bastard!?!
Oh shit wait a sec. Yesterday he cried in his...oh no...this has to be WAYYY worse than yesterday.

I bolt to his room and, again lock the door and run over to him. He is crying and shaking violently.
"Oi Icyhot you dumbass!" I say and shake him.

"Come on Todoroki please wake up"

"Ba- Bakugou!?" he whines and grabs hold of me, pulling me into a hug, I hold him. He's sobbing and crying into my shirt.

"Hey hey hey, it's okay. Calm down. Breathe with me again, like yesterday okay?"

"In" I take a deep breath in " and out" I breathe out. I repeat until I hear him calming down a bit.
I lay my chin on his head and stroke his hair

-so soft and fluffy

"Now tell me th 4 people in our class where you think they have a cool or interesting quirk."

"Y-Y-you" he manages to say between sobbs.

"Aw. I'm flattered. Who else? Take your time"

He grabs onto my shirt, as if his life depends on it.
I Just continue stroking his hair and start to make circles on his back with the other hand, trying to calm him down.

"Mo-Momo...Den-ki...Uraraka...."
he says, still crying but not shaking anymore.

"I agree. How 'bout ya tell me 4 things you like?" I say in the softest voice possible.

"Soba...Cats...movies..." he breathes in and out deeply "and caramel".

"I like Cats too, but I prefer wild cats like lions and leopards. Normal cats are dumb and not at all badass"
I say and he lets out a barely audible laugh.
I lean against the wall, next to his bed, we're still hugging or now more like cuddling.
I would usually hate this, but...this isn't that bad.

***
1082 words

⚠️
If you self harm, please look for help or at least tell someone. If you don't have anyone, you can dm me anytime<3 eventhough you don't know me. At all.
But still.
I know it's a bad habit to get rid of and I wish it on noone.