chanhee ran his hand through his hair as he closed his eyes, letting himself hear absolute silence (since the choir room was in a more secluded part of the university).

"chanhee?" he opened his eyes, immediately pulling his mask up to cover his nose and mouth as he looked at the direction of where the voice came from. "i hope i'm not interrupting."

"why are you here ji changmin?" chanhee asked, fixing his mask as he did so.

changmin tilted his head slightly and rubbed the back of his neck, an action that chanhee noticed he did a lot.

"well, you practically ran out of the library so i followed you to make sure you're okay-"

"why would you do that?" chanhee couldn't help his harsh tone - he always had to be on guard no matter what. "we aren't even friends."

"but we can be! i think we'd make a good team-"

"are you insane?" chanhee asked, standing up and grabbing his bag since even there, his peace had been disturbed. "our majors are at war with one another and ever since our first year, we've been competing too so how did you come to the conclusion that we would be good friends?"

"it's a gut feeling!" changmin said, trying his best to not get offended by the way chanhee spoke and the fact that his entire mannerism was simply rude.

chanhee stared at him for a while, his eyes narrowed as he tried to get a hint of any malice or ill-intent changmin had in his offer of friendship.

"if this is some prank that the dance seniors are asking you to do, i suggest you quit while you're ahead," chanhee said, his voice softening slightly as he made an attempt to walk past changmin only for the dancer to slide sideways and block his path.

chanhee met his gaze and for a fraction of a second, he felt a tinge of guilt for how cold he had been.

but, that feeling was fleeting.

changmin spread his arms out and blocked the door completely as chanhee glared at him, folding his arms as he did so.

"i know you aren't exactly fond of me but i really want to change your mind so would you please give me a chance?" chanhee remained unfazed, slowly blinking at him while he furrowed his eyebrows. "i won't stop bothering you until you say yes. i mean it! i-i'll wait for you at every lecture you have and i'll wait here in the choir room if i have to and i-"

"fine." changmin's eyes widened at chanhee's response, the slightly older boy pushing past him and walking away before changmin could even properly process his words.

once his simple response finally clicked in changmins' head, changmin let out a small 'yes' before turning in the direction that chanhee had walked in.

"you won't regret it, i promise!" changmin yelled, hoping that chanhee could hear him. and, with a smile on his face, he made his way back to his dorm, ready to plan out different ways to get choi chanhee to like him.

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

chanhee fell face first on his bed the second he got inside his room, his action momentarily shocking his roommate who closed his book and turned around in his chair to face him.

"tough day?" younghoon asked, leaning back in his chair as chanhee raised his head, blinking at him. "oh, did changmin do something?"

"that campus prince or whatever he is won't stop bothering me lately and i was so fed up i practically allowed him to befriend me and that's such a dumb move because that just means he's going to continue bothering me and-"

"is that a bad thing?" chanhee glared at him, his eyes shooting daggers which sent chills down younghoons' spine. "i mean, he seems nice doesn't he? there must be a reason why people like him so much-"

"that's besides the point. the point is he's ji changmin and i'm-"

"a walking disaster," younghoon interjected, quickly ducking as a pillow was sent flying in his direction, narrowly missing his head. "i say just let it happen - you never know, you might really like his presence."

chanhee shook his head, taking off his mask and placing it by his bedside table, younghoon shrugging and turning back to his books and scripts. 

chanhee stared at the red rose pin which he had placed in a small glass tray by his bed along with some rings he hadn't bothered to wear yet and let his mind wander, thinking about all the possibilities with whatever changmin was planning between them.