Vulnerable ✧ NH

"What do you have to lose?" He laughed breathlessly, however she wasn't laughing. Instead, she looked him dead in the eyes.

What did she have to lose?

Nothing. If she was being honest.

But at the same time, she was risking everything. Her career, her sanity... All for a boy who wasn't supposed to fall in love with her, but did so anyway.

"Kara?"

She blinked, focusing on him once more.

"You okay, love?"

"Yeah," She nodded, a small smile forcing its way onto her lips to convince him, "Yeah, I'm good. I'm fine."

Niall nodded before turning his gaze on the flatscreen in front of them. His hand giving her thigh a small squeeze.

Maybe that is all it took to convince him that she was okay. Or maybe she was just really trying to convince herself.

When Agent Kara Williams is abruptly assigned to the security detail of Niall Horan, she refuses to let any distraction keep her from doing her job—including the gaze of a certain blue-eyed Irishman.

However, when Kara comes to find that Niall may be hiding some secrets of his own, she discovers that her new job isn't completely what it was made out to be. Especially when they begin to feel that the connection between them, is much stronger than they both had anticipated.

Niall Horan

Kara Williams

Kara Williams

Few things I'd like to address before we get into the story:

This story is pure fiction. With that said, characteristics do not depict who these people truly are in real life. It is simply how I wrote them to be with the intention of creating a story.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Subjects that will be mentioned include: anxiety, self-harm, strong sexual content, emotional/physical abuse, and vulgar language. In no way am I going to be romanticizing these subjects, but if any of these make you uncomfortable, do not continue to read.

Other than that...

Welcome to Vulnerable. You're in for one hell of a ride.

- Amber