Inevitable

Days passed and everything was going well in the palace. Lady Oh was supposed to leave in two days and her health was better since I joined the Damiwon. I was very happy when she told me she didn't feel much pain in her abdomen. Also, I started writing things happened in the drama in a book. Ever since I heard that voice, I have been feeling like I am forgetting things.

I couldn't recall lot of conversations happened in the drama. The fact I didn't forget single scene even after two years of watching it in my life but now losing all the memories made me scared too. So, I started writing everything in foreign language which these people couldn't understand. I don't want to seem like a person who plotted everything against princes if they ever see it.

"What are you doing?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Lady Oh. "I was just practising reading" I hid the book in the papers and went towards her. "I heard there will be a small gathering of the king family today" she informed making me think. This must be the day when Prince So drink the poison. I have to be careful while serving them. "Can you assign me some other work instead of gathering?"

"Don't you want to go there?" I shook my head at her question. "I don't feel comfortable with the king" I half lied to her. The fact he almost married me makes me cringe every time I see him. But I am not hating him or something. It just feels awkward to face him. "Fine, you can work in the garden then" I thanked her for helping me. I packed all the things in the room and went to garden to water them. I was watering flowers for a while.

I didn't bother about going to the gathering nor to find out what might happen there. I am sure Prince So is aware of the incident which will happen there. He won't risk his life if he knows I am not there to serve them. I was enjoying my lone time in the shade of trees when someone barged in to the garden. "Arrest her"

"What? Why?" I asked the guards confused. It been only few hours since I came here. "We are arresting you for poisoning the crown prince" I squirmed as the guards grabbed my shoulders. "What do you mean? I wasn't even there. I don't know what you are talking about" I pushed them away when I saw Prince Baek ah and Ji Mong. "What is going on?"

"The flowers which were used in the tea were poisonous. It seems you were the in charge of gardening and harvesting them" Ji mong explained the situation to me. So, they are going to blame me this way. "How could you know it is me who poisoned just by this? It could be the one who served or prepared the tea"

"Lady Oh made the tea as maids were busy in other works. The girls who served were also being punished" this is ridiculous. Why would a head lady make tea? Damiwon has lot of maids who could prepare it. "Why would she do it?" I mumbled lowly confused. "She wanted to serve the king before she leaves" I stepped back in despair. So, there won't be any chance to avoid this now. I am sure the king wouldn't listen to anyone knowing someone tried to kill crown prince though he wasn't the one got hurt.

Wait, Prince So. "Is Prince So alright?" I asked desperately. "How do you know -" I shook him desperate to hear about him. "Please tell me he is fine" he sighed at my condition. "He will survive. You should think about yourself first" they didn't give me chance to react. They dragged me to the cells and started their punishment right away.

I felt sad while watching the drama but now I am here it felt unbearable. I felt like I could die any second with this pain. I cried and screamed for them to stop but they didn't listen. I cried until I fell asleep feeling numb.

I woke up to the sound of door unlocking. I slowly got up and looked at the guard who was opening it. "You are free to go" I limped my way outside and saw Prince So standing there. "You look alright" I smiled in relief seeing him safe. "But you don't" he scanned me from head to toe. "You should visit doctor" I shook my head. "Why did they let me go?"

"We will talk later" I pushed him away. "Where is Lady Oh?" I asked him knowing she must have taken the blame. "Hae Soo~ah" he grabbed my shoulders to make me listen. "She accepted the crime to save you" I pushed him away and ran towards the Damiwon. My leg was killing me but first I wanted to see her. "Stop" I shouted at the guards who were taking her away. "Why did you do this?" I screamed crying loudly.

"You can't do this. What about your trip" I rambled senselessly. "You said you will ask the king to let me visit you. You have to treat yourself and we have to finish our trip too" she pulled me in a hug to stop me from speaking. "Please don't do this" she patted my back gently. "I am happy with my choice. Don't blame yourself for anything g ever" with that she walked away. I tried to stop her but guards stopped me.

"Lady Oh?" I kicked in the air crying and yelling at the guards to let me go. But it all went in vain. I sat in front of the palace to make the king withdraw his command just like IU in the drama but nothing happened. I lost one more person who meant family to me. They say death of a person is decided on the day they are born and it is inevitable. But then why do they create these relations and cause pain to the one who are left behind.

Author Note:

Sorry for the delay everyone. I will try to upload one more chapter today. Hope you enjoy them.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote while reading.

♥♥SN_ANGEL♥♥