Cute Jealousy - Dylan O'Brien Imagine

Elena’s POV

Dylan had called me earlier saying that he was almost done shooting for the day and we could have lunch together. I was extremely glad because we hadn’t be able to see each other all week with him filming and me busy at work. I made sure to put on one of his shirts because I know how much he liked it when I wore his clothes. I hopped into my car and drove straight to the set, making sure not to sped no matter how excited I was. Pulling up to the security booth, the two security guards waved me through since my name was on the list.

I parked and made my way to Dylan’s trailer; hoping I could catch him on a break before his last scene. On my way there, I heard someone shout my name from behind me. I turned around and smiled as I saw Crystal, Daniel, and the Twins walking my way. The twins were older than me but they acted like my younger brothers, “Elena! Elena!” They ran towards me and engulfed me in a giant bear hug, turning me into an Elena sandwich, “Hey guys, I’ve missed you.” Crystal walked up behind them and squealed, “Elena! I’ve missed my best friend!”

I hugged her tight, “I’ve missed you too! We really should hang out soon.” I met Crystal when I was in college and we’ve been friends since; she was the one that introduced me to Dylan. Daniel gave me a tight squeeze; my face was in his chest since he was so much taller than me. “Hey, Elena. It’s been very bland without you here.” I smirked up at him, “I’m sure it has been.” Crystal smiled at me, “What are you doing here? Surprising Dylan?” She wiggled her eyebrows, making all of us laugh. “No, I’m not. He called me earlier and said that he had one more scene to film for the day and then he’d be free. Suggested going to lunch.”

"I think he just left his trailer. He’s filming a scene with Holland." Daniel said. I nodded, feeling a small hint of jealousy in the pit of my stomach. It’s not that I don’t like Holland or didn’t trust Dylan but sometimes I feel like he’d look better with Holland than with me. I see all over the internet how people post pictures of Dylan and Holland, some even saying how cute of a couple they’d make. Crystal saw my evident discomfort and quickly distracted the guys, "Hey, I’m gonna walk with Elena to go see Dylan. I’ll see you guys at catering in a minute, okay?" They all nodded and walked in the opposite direction.

Crystal interlocked her arm with mine and we began walking to where Dylan was shooting his scene. “You know that Dylan loves you, right?” I nodded feeling slightly better. “And you know that there is nothing going on between him and Holland, right?” I nodded again. “And you know that he is lucky to have you, right?” I sighed, “Crystal…” She laughed and just shrugged, “What? I’m trying to make you feel better but that doesn’t make it any less true.” I nodded and cracked a smile, “I know. Thank you, you’re a great friend.” She smiled and we walked the rest of the talking about new things with each other.

We made to where Dylan was filming and the minute I saw him, I felt my heart beat faster. I said bye to Crystal and walked up behind him, covering his eyes and whispered in his ear, “Guess who.” Dylan stood up straight and put his hands on his hips, “Hmm, now this is a tough one. I’m gonna guess…Mila Kunis.” I took my hands from his eyes and gave him a fake upset look as he turned to face me, an amused smile on his face, “You’d rather see Mila Kunis than me?” He put his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him, kissing me on the lips, “You know I’d pick you over her any day.”

I kissed him, putting my arms around his waist, “Yeah, I know. Who else would put up with you every day.” He faked a hurt look, “Oh, so I’m hard to manage. Is that it?” I shook my head at him, “Of course not. You’re just…special.” He smirked at me as I laughed, “Oh, special, huh?” He started grabbing at my sides, making me laughing louder. I tried to push his hands away but it was no use. It wasn’t until Dylan was called that he stopped the torture, I pushed him and laughed, “I’ll get you back for that.” He shrugged and smirked, “I don’t think you will.”

Dylan walked onto the set and I decided to stay and watch him; I watched the show at home but I’ve never witnessed Dylan acting in person. I cringed slightly as I saw Holland walked onto set as well; like I said before, I have nothing against Holland; she helped me in my most serious of serious fashion emergency, but seeing her walking out on set made me think about all the things people post about her and Dylan. I tried to push all those negative thoughts to the back of my mind as the two of them began shooting there scene.

I was so amazed and surprised at the level of skill Dylan had; I mean, I knew he was a great actor and all but actually seeing it in person like this was a whole different story. I was so caught up in Dylan that I wasn’t even remotely prepared for what I witnessed next. Holland grabbed Dylan’s face and was kissing him and I don’t mean a soft, simple kiss but a kiss filled with so much passion, it would make anyone want whatever they had. I knew they were just shooting scene and I knew Dylan loved me, but I couldn’t help but notice they way he responded to her, like he really did like it.

The director called cut and Holland and Dylan broke apart, smiles on their faces. I could feel the tear well up in my eyes as I thought about how the kiss made everything on the internet realistic. Dylan searched for me and his smiling face instantly turned into a frown as his eyes landed on me. He rose from his spot on the ground and started walking towards me, “Elena?” He called out to me but I really didn’t want to explain the tears that were about to fall, so I ran. “Elena?! Elena, wait!” I could hear him call after me, but there was no way I was stopping.

I ran past Crystal, past catering, and I was almost to the parking lot when I started to hear footsteps running behind me. “Elena, stop!  What happened?!” I tried to run faster and kept going till I got to my car, jumping in on the driver's side and quickly locked the doors. Dylan ran up to my side of the car and placed both his hands on the window, “Elena, please open the door and tell me what’s wrong.” I put both my hands on the wheel and just let the tears fall, “No, now back up from the car.” I could hear him sigh loudly but he made no movement to back away from my car.

"I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what’s wrong. Why did you run?" I just shook my head, refusing to answer his questions. He sighed again and out of the corner of my eye, I could see him kneeling so that his head was level with mine, "Elena, please talk to me. I don’t like it when you don’t talk to me." I sighed, feeling myself slip into his pleas. I turned my head to face him and seeing the sad look on his face almost made me want to forget everything that made me upset. Almost.

I unlocked the door and the minute he heard it unlock, Dylan opened the door and engulfed me in a hug, “God Elena, don’t ever do that to me again, okay?” I hugged him back and just nodded into his shoulder. He pulled away from the hug and looked me in the eyes, “Now can you tell me why you ran off like that?” I took a deep breath and looked down, “I just…seeing you with Holland like that made me think about-” Dylan sighed and lifted my head to look him in the eyes, “Were you thinking about the stupid shit people were saying on the internet because you know none of that is true, right?”

I nodded and placed a hand on his neck, “I know, I know but…it’s just the way it looked. It looked like you really enjoyed it.” He scoffed, “Elena, I know this might sound like a lame excuse but in all honesty, it was acting. I know it’s surprising that I’m actually good at something, but,” I laughed, playfully pushing his shoulder which made him laugh, “But, there’s only one person I wanna be kissing 24/7.” He leaned forward, kissing me gently but passionately. He pulled away, resting his forehead on mine, “I love you, Elena.” I sighed and smiled, “I love you too, Dylan.”

He looked at me and smirked, “You know you’re kinda cute when you’re jealous.” “Shut up.” I said as I pushed his shoulder. He stood up, pulling me out of the car and wrapped his arms around my waist, “You also know I like it when you wear my clothes, don’t you? I mean, of course you know that because you wouldn’t have worn this shirt if you didn’t know.” I shrugged, wrapping my arms around his neck, ”I honestly had no idea you liked me wearing your clothes.”

He nudged my shoulder and laughed, “Alright Ms. Sarcasm, let’s get to catering and have an amazing lunch, okay?” I nodded and wrapped an arm around his waist. He wrapped an arm around my neck and kissed the side of head; this was the guy that could make me happy till the end of time.