Chapter 16 - Rematch

Start from the beginning

"You're a mess," Zeliska said. "You should take a rest; we've got it from here." Soon after, more beams of blue light - which brought Asuna's friends into the Underworld - appeared with more players stepping out. Asuna recognized who the people from the beacons were: they were all from ALO. All of the leaders from each race began to bark orders, charging at the red knights.

"Zeliska's right," Akira says, pointing back towards the wagons. You sit back. When you've healed- there are healing spells in the Underworld, right? Anyway, you can hop back into battle whenever you've recovered."

"Sit tight, sis," Yuuki reassures. "We've got this."

"Thank you." Asuna turns to walk towards one of the healers. That's for the best. Akira thinks to himself. She's in no place to fight just yet.

Everyone that converted their accounts into the Underworld's severs was cutting down the opposing knights with ease. "I guess these are just like god accounts. They all die in one hit." Akira mumbles. A scream, almost like a warcry, came from behind him. He turns and sees his opponent in time to dodge their swing. Akira winds up his arms and swings his large axe against the red knight's head, decapitating them. "A lot of gore," He jokes to himself.

Akira shakes his head. "I need to focus." He slaps himself on his cheeks before rushing towards his allies and giving them a hand. 

Akira managed to take out about thirty of the knights so far. He was running a bit low on health so he decided to head back to heal. "Yui wasn't kidding when she said there was no pain absorber. I was only hit a couple of times and they hurt like hell!" He clutched his arm, where he had a large wound, and began to retreat.

"Not so fast!" A male English voice shouted. He turned, but before he saw who shouted he was knocked to the ground. He opened his eyes and saw a red knight standing up (presumably from falling after hitting Akira) and ready his sword against Akira.

"Wait!" Akira shouted in the little English he knew.  The knight didn't seem to care, as they raised their sword higher, ready to strike him. Akira barely manages to dodge the thrust as he rolls to the side. The knight attempts to stab Akira again. He dodges again. Akira could tell the knight got angry from his squirming. The knight stamps on Akira's wounded arm, holding him in place. 

"Gotcha this time!" The knight lifted his sword in the air for the final time. 

"Behind!" Akira said in English again. He began to point with his free arm.

"I'm not going to fall for that." Akira sighs. 

"I warned you," He says in Japanese. The knight pinning Akira to the ground was knocked off their feet and onto the ground, sword flying out of their arm. Akira lifts himself off the ground. "I don't think you'd want to tell your friends that a high-level knight was defeated by a pink-haired catgirl from another game." A thin rapier was plunged into the knight's chest and they exploded into blue, glass-like fragments.

"Thanks, Kureha," Akira says, lifting his axe. "Now, if you don't mind, I need to go back and get healed before I bleed out."

"I'll go with you, in case you get jumped again," Kureha said, lifting her rapier and taking guard around Akira.

"That sounds a bit nice. I wouldn't like that happening again," Both of them walk back to the wagons.

"Am I seeing ghosts now?" Akira hears Klein mumble. His eyes seemed to be trained on one spot. As the wound on Akira's arm gradually shrinks from the Luminous Sacred Art, he begins to listen in on Klein's and Asuna's conversation. Curious, Akira looks in the same direction as Klein. Standing atop a pillar was a man in a leather poncho. His face could barely be seen as the hood was up.