𝟎𝟒 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇

Depuis le début

From a distance you could hear Eren and Mikasa burst out into laughter at what they had just seen. You did feel a slight weight push down on your chest.. You wondered what was so funny so you quickly took your hands away from your face.

"Y/N.." Armin started in a slow voice in an attempt prevent you from freaking out. His cheeks were lit up with a soft shade of red. He himself was flustered as well.

You felt your heart drop at the sight of Connie's face smothered against your chest. What made matters worst was that you no longer had your protective shirt over your body, you were in your bathing suit. He wasn't moving.

"You... fucking.. pervert!" You screamed, bucking your leg up between his legs so it hit where it really hurt.

Jean grabbed the back of Connie's shirt and pulled him off of you. His face was completely red and you couldn't tell if it was because he was angry or just really shocked.

"Man, Connie. You're such a moron! Have some decency! You just really made her uncomfortable." This was the second time you had sensed genuine concern in Jean's voice. He tossed his friend onto the sand face first before reaching his hand out to you. Unfortunately he was a bit late as Armin had already helped you up.

Armin was quick to put a towel over your shoulders since he had a feeling you probably wanted to cover up after such a horrific experience. "I'm sure Connie didn't mean to do that." He sighed, pressing the back of his hand on his forehead. The weather was just getting warmer as time passed during the day.

You continued to sip on the juice box he had given you. Your cheeks refused to cool down. "I know but still." You muttered softly, biting down on the straw.

"Y/N you're not hurt are you?" Marco kneeled on the sand in front of you with a worried on his face. "Armin went over to Eren and Mikasa to talk to them. I think he's scolding them for laughing at you." He awkwardly shifted, placing his hands on his thighs.

You pulled your knees close to your chest and planted your face on your knee caps. A defeated sigh left your lips. "I've never felt so violated. I know Connie didn't mean to but you get where I coming from right?"

He gently patted the back of your head and smiled. "Of course. This is your first time going to a school for both girls and boys so your interaction with boys must've been very limited growing up."

An angel. A fucking angel. You lifted your head to look at him, your lips curling back up. "You're amazing Marco. I bet your patience runs thin all the time when you're with Jean."

"Oh yeah. I've gotten used to his childish antics though. Jean is a really nice guy and I think you should actually open up to him a little more.. I have a feeling that he'd like that a lot." Marco's gaze traveled over to Jean's figure. He was flicking Connie's forehead over and over while scolding him about common decency.

Even though Marco knew for a fact that Jean also lacked common decency sometimes. Hypocrite.

You thought about what Marco said and finally considered it. Starting from today you would try to make an effort to understand Jean instead of always assuming he was going to pull some weird shit.

━━━━

"French poetry, huh?" Jean laid down beside you with his hands behind his head. He turned onto his side, stretching his neck to get a peek at what you were reading. He hummed with amusement in his voice. "I didn't know you were into this stuff."

You nodded not sparing the boy a glance. "Whenever my parents brought me along on their trips abroad they'd always give me a poetry book to read. All of them were foreign poetry to enhance my vocabulary in different languages." You breathed out.

He propped his elbow up and rested the side of his head in the palm of his hand. Jean moved himself closer and squinted his eyes to read the words on the page you were currently on.

"L'amour fait les plus grandes douceurs et les plus sensibles infortunes de la vie" He read out loud in an almost perfect French accent. You raised your eyebrows a little surprised. Jean met your e/c irises, laughing at your reaction. "When I was little I had a friend who was fluent in French. He taught me how to read and pronounce things.. although I couldn't get a grasp on translating them."

A soft giggle escaped your throat. You smiled sheepishly, combing your fingers through your loose strands of hair. "It's quite cliché, it translates to 'Love makes life's sweetest pleasures and worst misfortunes'. But it's beautiful isn't it? The way you said it, I thought it was pretty cool."

Jean's cheeks warmed up a little at your comment. This was the first time you had complimented him consciously. He bit down on the inside of his cheek and rolled back up, wrapping his arms around his legs. "Really?" He said in a soft voice.

"Don't get flustered on me now Jean." You playfully slapped his bare back as you sat up to look at the ocean. "You're a pretty cool guy Jean, you just don't know how to control yourself sometimes."

He arched his back slightly at the stinging sensation your hand left. The light haired boy looked at you from the corner of his eye. "Y/N." He scratched the side of his head. "Have you ever been in love?"

You shrugged, shaking your head with your lips pursed into a thin line. "Nope."

Jean's eyes widened a little. "Never?" Your response shocked him. "Not even a first kiss?" He stuttered in disbelief, looking at you with creased eyebrows.

"No," You rolled your eyes and gave him a deadpanned expression. "But I bet you've broken the hearts of many girls. You're so damn cocky and not to mention you're not bad looking either."

"Jesus Christ Y/N." He rubbed at his jawline with a fully-fledged smirk on his face. Jean was quick to bounce back to his normal self at a single comment. "You could just say I'm hot. Don't worry, I get that all the time."

"Say something stupid again, I dare you. I'll punish you for it and you're not going to like it."

"Ooh kinky." He challenged your threat with an intrigued expression growing on his face. "What type of punishments are you into?"

Your face contorted to disgust. "Kinky?! Man fuck you. It's going to take a lot for me just to open up to you." A hopeless groan escaped your lips as you began packing your thing. "Punishment? Kinky? How is getting punished kinky in any way?!" You muttered to yourself.

━━━━

authors note; ughh i feel sounsatisfied withthis chapter

authors note;
ughh i feel so
unsatisfied with
this chapter.
probably one of
the worst chapters
ive written. i skipped
out on updating
yesterday because i
was so mentally drained