𝟎𝟐 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘?

━━━━

━━━━

Word Count: 2187

"Falling in love
with him? That's an
absurd idea."

━━━━

THE REST OF THE WEEK went by smoothly. You went to school per usual and Jean didn't bother you as much. Instead he'd just follow you around quietly. He was keeping true to the promise he made the night he helped you clean your apartment but it was discomforting to not hear a single word fly out of his mouth. He was acting so obedient.

"I'm impressed Kirstein," Levi commented with slightly raised eyebrows, surprised with how well the usual trouble maker had been behaving. "My lecture must've finally gotten to you."

Hah.

Jean's face cringed as he tried to hold in his laughter at his comment. "I'm doing this for Y/N's sake. Isn't it like listening to your girlfriend?" He shot you a small smirk and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

You exhaled softly with a hopeless look on your face. "Don't refer to me as your girlfriend." Your cheeks felt warm as you were slightly flustered with his analogy.

Marco felt relieved to see how both you and Jean seemed to be getting along better compared to the first time you had met him. "I'm so happy we can all peacefully be friends."

The shorter man rolled his eyes and yawned showing disinterest in their small dispute. He fished out a stack of papers inside his bag and held it in front of the three of you. "Y/N, your father wanted me to hand these to you. You're in college now and he wants you to be prepared to begin working as soon as you get back to Japan."

Jean and Marco's jaws hung ajar at the stack of papers. They hadn't been burdened yet with such responsibilities so they kind of felt bad for you. However this was easy work compared to the other assignments your father assigned you.

"Thanks Levi." You bowed your head down out of courtesy. Your eyes skimmed down each page until the last page, the hundredth page. It was a script for you to read out loud when the time came for you to inherit the responsibilities your parents had bestowed upon you.

"It's Friday though, can't you hold that off till Sunday?" Jean took the papers from your hands and slid it into your backpack, zipping it right back up after doing so.

You felt the weight on your shoulders increase as soon as he put the papers in your bag. You released a breathy sigh, adjusting the straps on your bag. "This is the easy stuff. I'll be done with it by eight PM tonight." The reassuring tone in your voice brought comfort to the other two who seemed to be worried for you.