XVIII

The ride back to the bay was bland and uneventful. The vehicle we were driving in was much less fancy than the last; the lack of intricacy didn't bother me, but the poor design that allowed in the rain did. By the time we had pulled up to the large structure, my clothing was drenched, and I was freezing. We walked through a system of checks to ensure we weren't trying to steal the ship, and when we had finally arrived at the foot of the ramp, I was an entirely new level of pissed. I stormed up the ramp and into the ship, followed shortly by Din. I went to the bedroom and started to pull off my clothes, flinging them into the far corner to hopefully dry. There were no other clothes on board for me to change into, so my only other choice for coverage was the bedsheet. I pulled it off and wrapped it around my body before balling up the ends in my fist and clenching it tightly to my chest. In the piloting room, Din was sitting in the middle chair punching in the code for Tython. I walked in quietly and stood silently behind him, so much that when he stood and turned to walk out of the room, he yelped when he saw me.

"Bit jumpy are we Din?" I asked in a mocking tone.

"Only when I'm not aware I'm being stalked. If we travel in hyperspace, we'll be to Tython in half an hour; if we travel at normal speed it will be 6 hours. So, I'm assuming we'll be traveling in hyperspace?"

"No, regular," I demanded.

"Sind, we have the fuel why would we- "

"Regular, Din," I said sternly. He looked at me, a bewildered look on his face.

"Sindre, is everything okay?" He asked while reaching towards me. His hand rested on my side right above my waist. I flinched slightly at his touch, not enough that I think he would notice.

"I'm fine, Din. I just don't think I can handle that right now. The motion and all that." He gazed into my eyes to search for any trace of a lie before turning and setting the ship for a normal cruise. I did lie to him, but only because I need time to think of how I'm going to tell him. I've heard rumors that hyperspace isn't good for the fetus, and I don't want to run the risk of hurting her. He sighed and backed away from me, only to realize I was only covered by the bedsheet.

"Where are your clothes?" He asked.

"They're soaked and I don't have any other clothes so." I shrugged my shoulders and motioned to the blanket to show that it was my only option. He shook his head and started to unclasp his armor, laying it gently on the ground. "What are you- "

"I'm giving you my shirt; I'm not going to let you walk around the ship naked." He pulled his shirt over his head and handed it to me. "Put it on, please." I sighed and grabbed it before turning around to drop the sheet and put it on. I reached about mid-thigh on me, long enough for me to not worrying about flashing him.

"Thank you," I replied softly. He gave me a slight smile and nodded.

"Of course, Sind." I stared at him for a bit longer before turning to walk towards the kitchenette. The floor was freezing and every so often, I would step into a cold puddle made of the water we brought in upon return. The cabinets were nearly bare, and the only thing that sounded appealing was crackers; thankfully, there was still a sleeve of them stuffed in the back of the cabinet. I did my best to crawl up on the counter, but a small misstep in my footing caused me to fall to the floor, slamming down on my side. "Sindre!" I heard Din yell out. I watched as he ran towards me from the other side of the ship. I felt his arms wrap underneath my shoulders and pull me to my feet. He looked me over to make sure I was okay before stopping and staring at my stomach. "Did you hurt yourself?" I looked down confused before realizing my hand was clutching my lower abdomen.

"Uh, yeah my knees hit it pretty hard when I fell." Another lie; it was starting to make me feel like a bad person, keeping this secret from him.

"Are you okay?" I nodded my head at his question and pushed my hair back behind my ears.