I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

When I was done, I immediately went to where Sasuke is and stood beside him.

"I'm glad you're feeling better now." He said.

I stared into the sky and saw the moon. It was full, casting its bright light over us. I smiled while staring at the sky, "I wish you were Naruto-kun."

"Hinata. I think you should stop chasing after that dobe anymore." His words made me look at him instantly. "Stop being stupid. It's pathetic."

"You don't understand!" I shouted at him, anger immediately rushing to my head.

"Then tell me what I don't understand. Naruto is getting married soon and you still think he will love you back?! Are you really that dumb, Hinata?" He said.

"Why are you being mean to me right now? I thought you're here to comfort me. Aren't you my friend?!" I cried as tears fell down my eyes, again.

"A true friend would never tell lies just to comfort their friend but rather speak the truth to open their eyes from reality." Sasuke said. "Why can't you just accept that Naruto will never be yours?"

His words blinded me completely with anger that my hand slapped his face without my consent. "Don't speak as if you knew everything I've been through!" I shouted at him again. "Why do you keep on pulling me away from Naruto?!"

"...because I-", he spoke quietly.

"Hinata-sama!!!" I heard my cousin's voice.

"Hinata-chan! Where are you? Let's go home! Hinata-chan!" That was Ten Ten's voice. They we're looking for me?

I ran away to hide from them leaving Sasuke behind. I can't go home the way I am now and I don't want to see their pathetic faces over me. I don't want to hear their words.

"...he never loved you." He muttered under his breath.

-End of flashback-

"N-Naruto-kun?" I never expected to see him here.

He was looking at me while I stared at his feet. "H-Hinata...are you crying? I-I'm sorry I wasn't looking on my way."

"..."

"By the way, why were you running? W-What are you doing here?" He asked.

"..."

"H-Hinata-chan?", he went closer and soon I felt his hand tap lightly over my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

His question got me enraged that I instantly swatted off his hand from my shoulder. "What's wrong?! You asked me what's wrong?!-"

"Hinata...ch?-" He was surprised by what I did.

"Why don't you figure out the answer yourself!" I looked straight into his eyes. "How can you be so clueless about everything, Naruto-kun? How can you be so numb?! For so many years, I kept it.. I kept it!!!" My tears flowing down involuntarily. I can't let this chance to slip away. I have to tell him- everything.

"Do you still remember what you said that day? Do you remember?!" I bit my trembling lips. "I waited for you to come back, every single day. Everyday, I was praying about us. I kept your promise and held on to those words. I-I never entertained any other guy because I was hoping that someday you'll return saying that the long wait is over."

"Hina-"

"I love you Naruto-kun!" I cried. "With all my heart!"

I took a step closer to him merely a foot apart, "You kept your promise, right? Right?"

He drifted his eyes on the ground and remained silent.

"I know you're now engaged to Sakura-san b-but it's never too late, right? You're not married yet. Did she blackmailed you or something? I believe this is just one of her plans of making Sasuke-kun jealous." I explained.