My lips perked up and I bobbed my head when I jammed my music through the radio.

I neared Henrick's Residence, strangely, right across from is school. My peers crowded the area. A few parking slots were available and in comparison to orientation last week, we're all lucky to find somewhere to park. As for the building itself, it resembled a five star hotel, with a difference of its lengthwise size and reduced floors — just five. As far as knew, if I might add, the colours of Henrick were blue, red and black and the architects sure did represent it well.

Each side had its logo and the thought of creativity and originality being poured into it let out the joy in my soul.

A woman, accompanied by a man ahead of me on the sidewalk, stood behind a desk labelled assistance. When I killed the engine and got out, I approached them with an itch I forgot to scratch during orientation.

"Hi, welcome to Henrick's Residency, are you new here?" the woman asked with a smile.

Her name tag read, Mallory as his was Kane.

"Um, no. I was here last week for orientation, but I forgot to ask, what's the price for parking?" There weren't any tolls around, I forgot to mention, and so I never knew what I had to pay.

I did bring money in case.

"It's free," Kane answered.

I stood back a few steps and watched them chuckle. "What? You serious?"

"Yes. Your tuition costs are applied for parking as well. So you don't have to worry about parking down near the plaza or anything," she explained.

"Oh." This day certainly started off on a very good note and before I called my wonderful, psychopathic sister, I asked one more. "So, does it apply to parking at the school, like say, someone who doesn't live in residency?"

"Yes."

"Oh, okay. Cool. Thank you."

They nodded and I went back over to my car. With my phone already out, I dialed her number and listened for her voice after the rings.

"Hey, Tom Diggle! What is the up?!" Ugh, her voice is so ugly.

"I'm here."

"Wait, really? Shut. Up. Where?"

With one panned look, I knew my surroundings. "North side, the left end of the parking lot."

"Hold up..."

She hung up the phone like the rude girl she was. But when I heard those familiar screams, I knew it had to be the one and only. I turned and almost staggered on the ground, in front of two assistance leaders and the many who watched in surprise. She roped her limbs around my body and gravity sure felt confused on what it wanted for me.

Why was I her friend again?

She pulled herself off in time when I neared the grass, the fate gravity had almost decided and her hands clutched my shirt. Her embrace was warm and nice and it'd been a week since. She squealed and jumped, rustled my hair and provocatively danced on me like the psychopath I called her.

"It's been so long!" she screamed. Just not enough for my eardrums to break twice.

I still had it in me to laugh like Mallory and Kane did, even when the audience she made had faces of mixed feelings. Some choked on laughter, some watched with vagueness and others just watching wondering if we were normal. Their faces said it all and they should've asked her what normal meant.

"Yeah, like a week ago. Calm down, girl."

"And I could've died between then and now. Gosh, I can see how much you care." She pouted her lips, crossed her arms and averted closed eyes. Her hip popped out and she openly chew gum.