I said hi

*three days later*

Tate was at school waiting for her results sheet since she took her last exam earlier that morning, she was sat in the common room with her classmates laughing away. They were all interrupted by their principal as he walked in holding a lot of envelopes, "your results" he held them up. They all cheered, hall nervous and half excited, as he handed them out to the correct individual.

Of course it would be tates luck to be last, she smiled and took it from his hand before opening it. She took a deep breath and ripped open the envelope before scamming the page, "yes!" She whispered to herself, she looked the page up and down one last time before smiling, all A's. The bell rang for the end of the day but she had an after school first aid course to go to, will was off work today and jay would be home by 4pm, they both offered to pick her up but she insisted on walking home and getting some fresh air.

She wanted to surprise her brothers with her good results so she didn't bother to text them, instead she just walked into the hall with her friends, Brett and Mackey were stood waiting to teach them, she smiled at them since she knew them and they waved back. She learnt a lot and she passed just like everyone else in the room, it wasn't hard to pass but she still felt happy at the success he had been given twice today. "See you later guys" the principal waved them out. The kids, including Tate, walked out of the school grounds and went in their own direction.

Unluckily for Tate, no one lived near her house so she had to walk home alone, it was a solid 15 minute walk home and it was 4:30pm. She texted the family group chat to let them both know she was on her way home, just in case Jay needed to track her phone or anything. She began walking along the main road when a car started driving slowly next to her, she looked to her left and saw a man sat in the drivers seat with a black ski mask on. Not only was that enough to scare her, he stopped the car and got out. She panicked and looked to her right to find a small alley she could escape from, she began running down it but the man caught up to her.

"Get off me!" She mumbled out and kicked her legs around. She had adrenaline rushing through her body and she felt like she was on a high but she still couldn't get out of his grasp. He had a tight grip on her and she got tired from fighting quickly, he threw her down on the floor and began beating her. Punches flew around everywhere, her arms, face, legs and even her stomach where it hurt the most. He stopped after a while since his intentions weren't to kill her, he laughed at her now bloody frame and stood up leaving her defenceless on the floor, "tell jay I said hi" he laughed again and walked away to get back in his car.

Tate lay on the floor as she saw the car speed off, she caught her breath back and stood up. She could still walk but she could feel the blood on her face and her body felt like hell. She snatched her bag off of the floor and looked down at her phone, she wanted to call jay since he would be the most useful in this situation but her screen was badly smashed up and it wouldn't even turn on. She let out a small cry before looking around being cautious in case there was another person, she could feel her legs trembling in fear but she walked out of the alley anyways and set off walking home again with her head down.

It took 10 minutes for her to get home since it pained her body with every step, so it took a bit longer. She opened the door and saw jay and wills head poking up from the couch, "hey Tate!" Will shouted as both brothers kept their head fixed on the tv screen. She stepped inside of the house and closed the door while remaining silence since she was too scared to talk. Jay thought it was weird that she didn't reply so he turned his head around and saw a bloody and beaten up Tate stood shaking, "oh my god Tate..." she jumped off the couch and ran over to her. Will looked at jay in confusion before looking over to Tate and seeing the state she was in, "oh my god..." he jumped off the couch and followed jay over to where she was stood.

There's something about seeing parents and siblings worry about you that just makes all of your emotions spill out, that's what happened with Tate. She looked at jays worried face and burst out crying before falling into his arms for a hug. Jay pulled her into a gentle hug and took her bag off of her back before looking over to Will in fear, Will shook his head and pulled Tate over to him so he could look at how bad it was. He held Tate in front of him while scanning over her injuries, he shook his head at jay and looked at him in concern since it looked bad but he couldn't see any life threatening injuries. Jay lead Tate over to the couch and sat her down before Will sat next to her as he crouched down in front of Tate, "what happened Tate? Who did this to you?" He tucked her loose brown hair behind her ear.

Tate shook her head, "I-I was walking home and this man was driving next to me. He got out of his car with a black ski mask on so I ran down an alley but, but he caught me..." she let out another cry. Will wrapped his arm around her gently while being careful not to hurt her and jay grabbed her hand, "did he say anything to you?" He rubbed the back of her hand. Tate looked at him in realisation, "he said, 'tell jay I said hi' and then he left..." she frowned. Will looked at jay in worry, how on earth did he know jay. Jay shook his head in anger, but he wasn't angry at Tate so he cooled his voice before talking to her again, "why didn't you call us?" He smiled sadly. Tate sighed and controlled her sobs before reaching into her back pocket and pulling out her smashed up phone.

Jay frowned and looked at Will, "it's okay, we're gonna get him, I promise" he wiped away the tears on her cheek although he was mainly wiping away blood. Will looked at her head and saw that the cuts were pretty nasty, "I say we take you to med and get these cleaned up" he rubbed her arm. Jay nodded and helped Tate up, "you take her to med, I'll meet you there. I'm gonna call hank" he grabbed wills arm. Will nodded and walked Tate out of the house and into his car before starting the engine and speeding off. Jay rubbed a hand over his head and called hank to tell him exactly what went on.