Error: Friends not found

Start from the beginning

This mini Menma was gritting his teeth and his eyes turned red with black slits, running at full speed towards the mother. I was speechless, terrified and shocked to what I saw. In a moments notice the mini Menma had slaughtered the mother in front of my eyes spraying blood onto my face. I ran my hand across my face to see the blood on my hand, trembling I saw how the blood created a pool of red liquid on the ground. I saw my reflection but with black hair with the Kyuubi's fox-like features. I backed away quickly bumping into something only to turn around to see a change of scenery. 

I saw me and the rest of Team Kakashi at the Land of Waves and it was just before Sasuke almost died in my arms. I saw the Menma figure as well kneeling next to me looking down at him impaled with senbon needles, he was motionless until the red chakra began swirling up into the sky. At that moment it was almost as if he was copying my movements, said the same, moved the same. Except. When Haku's mask fell to the cold hard ground I had stopped immediately since I recognised him but Menma did not. 

He pushed Haku to the ground strangling him crushing his wind pipe and when the task was done he got up and rushed into the mist most likely heading to Zabuza. I ran into the mist chasing after him until I ultimately ended up somewhere else. I was breathing heavily desperately searching for Menma and saw the mist clearing exposing a night time sky and saw myself sitting ontop the Hokage heads. I was upset and distraught. I-I remember this. It was just after Iruka sensei saved me from the female ninjas that were after a specific kunai knife I found in the back hills. He came from behind me and sat down next to me. Menma was sitting on my other side, eyeing the village with his evil eyes in silence.

"Wow, The village looks amazing from up here!" Iruka leaned back taking a breath of fresh air. I turned away from him.

"About today...I'm sorry for troubling you. I was stupid and irresponsible." but Iruka shook his head.

"No it's ok. You may be right about being stupid and irresponsible though" I chuckled at this but frowned.

"But I don't blame you." Surprised, I turned around to see him.

"why?" The words were said so quietly I could barely hear myself.

"Why? Because you just wanted to have friends. Someone to accept you no matter the reason. It was an opportunity and you took it despite the risks. You were suffering so much you found a way to escape that darkness. I'm just glad you're ok, believe me" He smiled at me which made my heart warm. Is this what love feels like? Menma spoke which made me snap out of my thoughts.

"They all tell me I get carried away, sometimes I spit when I talk cause I get so excited when someone talks to me.  They always say the same things and it's starting to get old, that I'm the demon brat, a nuisance, and a disgrace. Every day feels like a battle and I always get hurt but was told violence was never the answer but apparently life doesn't listen to those rules. I don't know how to fight only taught how to surrender. There's a certain kind of darkness that does reaping which usually takes you right before you are sleeping. Is it the crack in the door that it finds a way to creep in? Or the crack in your brain that wants you to drop dead? They tell me to hush but my words are that's left. I won't waste my life always doing what I'm told." 

What was happening? I don't remember saying this but I don't understand why I feel like it is something I would have said. Out of nowhere I started falling into the ground and I could see my life flash before my eyes but all my memories were tainted with Menma's image showing me things I never had the courage to do, showing my inner dark thoughts. I had enough. I don't want to see anymore. Just....please...someone save me. I can't take this any longer. I closed my eyes tightly and somehow felt myself stop moving. I anxiously opened my eyes, slowly seeing Menma in front of me. 

We just stood there in silence until he stretched his hand outwards towards me.

"Just stop fighting and give in" but I refused to take his hand knowing the damage that would be caused if I did.

"Then tell me why you are still hanging on to a thread of light. TELL ME!" I was reaching my limit. I looked at him face-to-face with a tear strolling down my face.

I laughed at myself "How can you possibly ask me that? I can't even put it down into words. I cared and cared but I always lost everyone and it hurts like hell. I don't want to show them this" He said as he looked up and down at Menma. 

Surprisingly Menma didn't show any force or even a thread of darkness, he just seemed lost and hurt. He averted his eyes and lowered his hand.

"I want them to know our pain. I want them to know the way we have suffered. You know they won't understand if not, they will never accept us! If they won't see us in the light we walk I'll force them to see us in the darkness as the monster they know. You just need to accept this is the only way."

Can I trust him? Will my suffering be relieved if I give in? Can I finally make people understand how wrong they were all these years? Menma stretched his hand outwards again. I hesitated. I looked up at him once more before coming to my final conclusion,

I slowly lifted my warm, smooth and pure hand towards his. Rough, abused and cold. I made my final goodbyes...

forgive me everyone.

ok so this was interesting? I had some outside help with this chapter and will probably tweak this a bit before the next chapter cause this human right here decided to be a perfectionist. (very fun life to live btw) but I hope you enjoyed reading this and let me know how I'm doing so far cause I'm a little in the dark about that. BOI

"If people are doubting how far you can go, 

go so far that you can't hear them anymore"