𝐨 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞

Start from the beginning

"How did he take it?" Madelyn asked, biting her lip.

"Well, he is shocked, I think. Doesn't really talk. Billy told him he was an outstanding member of the tribe," Madelyn nodded. They walked back inside, only for Madelyn to be brought into a warm hug. 

"I'm sorry. I wished I had been there for you from the start," Charlie whispered in her ear. He couldn't believe he didn't realize what happened. Billy had explained the physical changes the shapeshifters had before shifting for the first time. He noticed she was angrier than usual, but he didn't support her like he thought he should have. Charlie was also kind of disappointed she wasn't the one who told him about the wolves, the pack, the imprinting and everything. He wanted his daughter to be comfortable with him, to talk to him about everything, even if it was something incredible like that. 

"You don't have to be sorry, dad. Are you okay? With everything?" They let go of each other and the Swan wolf realized her dad was almost crying. He rubbed his eyes and nodded tiredly. 

"Yeah. I believe you have something else to tell me?" Madelyn smiled at how clever her father was and nodded. "Let's go home sweetheart." 

At the Cullen's house, Nathaniel was pacing in his bedroom

At the Cullen's house, Nathaniel was pacing in his bedroom. He needed to talk to Carlisle before going to meet officially Charlie. He had an idea on how to deal with Bella, but he was sure the coven leader would disagree. And Edward too. He didn't care much about Edward's opinion, but Carlisle had been his brother since they met and he didn't want to break their bond. But Carlisle's bad decisions might be too much for Nathaniel to handle. He was his leader, but right now, the decision he took weren't good for their coven. It was as if Carlisle prioritized Edward's opinion and needs over the others. And the bronze-haired boy was acting like a brat. 

He walked to Carlisle's study, where he was reading. 

"Yes? You wanted to talk to me?" The blonde vampire put his book down and motioned Nathaniel to sit in front of him. He didn't and instead crossed his arms, leaning against the wall.

"I want to use my gift on Edward," Carlisle's eyes widened. "I can make him forget this stupid obsession for Isabella's blood. She is obviously not his mate, and you know it, Carlisle," Nathaniel glared at his friend.

"I will not let you use your gift on my son. I trust him. He said she was his mate and I believe him," Carlisle glared back.

"She isn't his mate!" Nathaniel growled, walking to his desk and hitting it, making Carlisle jumped. "He never said she was, yet you believe she is, only to make you feel better about your mistake.

"Esme and the kids agree with me," Nathaniel scoffed at his answer.

"You don't know your kids then. Nobody besides you and Esme think he is making a good decision. Isabella Swan is a blood singer. She will only bring problems to our coven," Nathaniel was glad the others went to hunt, but he wanted their opinion too. "Don't count on me to be there for you when the Volturi will know a human is aware of our existence."