24. Secrets and Lies

Start from the beginning

"Hey short stack. Why don't you go hang out with your lover boy? I have something to say to Alexa." Nate grabbed Alexa's hand.

"What did you just call me? And what did you just call him?" asked Ariana in a high-pitched voice.

"You heard me." Nate tilted his head at her and walked away with Alexa.

"Atrocious!" Ariana whisper-yelled. With the help of a kind staff, she found Sean's room. She was shocked to find it wide open. Normally, she would have knocked and asked for permission before entering somebody's room, but since the door was already open, she thought that he wouldn't mind someone entering. 

Her eyes wandered around the room, impressed by its hygiene and order. She was about to walk inside further when the door to bathroom opened wide, revealing Sean, his body and hair wet, dressed in nothing but a white towel around his waist. 

She gasped loudly and closed her eyes. But she had seen enough for her mind to replay everything in details. Water dripping down his chin and running over his chest to his abs, vanishing inside the part that was covered by towel. 

She heard rustling of clothes and then his voice. "I'm all dressed. You can open your eyes now."

She opened her eyes slowly to meet with Sean's. His intense gaze made her lower them. "I'm so sorry for invading your privacy." She let out a shaky whisper. 

Sean walked towards her slowly and used his hand to raise her face by her chin. He leaned towards her ear and whispered. "I don't mind." 

Ariana stepped back meekly. "Your hair's wet. Dry it or else you'll catch cold."

 Sean looked at her flustered face and cooed. "Will you help me?"

Ariana cleared her throat and gathered her confidence. "Do it yourself. I'll give you company."

He grabber the hair dryer and started drying his hair. He watched her through the mirror and smirked when he saw her looking here and there before sitting on his bed. Considering the kind of thoughts that was running on his mind, he was thankful that he had just taken a cold shower.

"You don't have a sofa or a chair." He heard her say.

"How come you're here?" He asked.

"Your father invited me and Nate for dinner. Alexa here's too."

He was about to ask for the reason but was interrupted by a knock at the door. "Mr. Suffolk is here." A staff announced.

"Uncle Lorenzo?" He asked rhetorically. 

Duke Lorenzo could have known Mr. Windsor due to business but why is he so close to the Windsors, Ariana thought. 

                                                                         **~~~**

After a conversation with Duke Lorenzo on the previous matter, Nate and Ariana returned to the living room. Mr. Windsor was relieved to see his friend satisfied and his students calm. They must've agreed, he thought.

Yes, Mr. Windsor knew everything of their kind. His father, mother and wife too. Generations after generations, Windsor hospitals have been providing health facilities to werewolves after all. They were one of the few humans who were allowed to be known of supernatural kinds. One day Sean Windsor, as the sole heir to Windsor franchise, will be made known of this secret too.

Mr. Windsor was even the appointed doctor of the King and the Queen during their last breathes. He knew everything about the young prince, the regent and his mate, the Duchess. 

All of them were seated at the dinner table. Sean, Ariana, Nate and Alexa at one side, Duke Lorenzo and Mrs. Windsor at the other and Mr. Windsor in the front.

"Can you believe what this brute called me before?" Ariana turned towards Sean.

"What?" He smiled listening to her childlike complaint.

"Short stack."

Alexa and Sean laughed. 

"That's cuz you're short." Nate chimed in.

"See?" Ariana pulled Sean's arm.

"Well, you're kinda short." said Sean, drinking wine. 

"I'm sorry for thinking that you'd always have my back." Ariana narrowed her eyes.

"Don't be mad, shortie. It's funny when tiny people get mad." Sean pinched her cheek lightly.

Ariana slapped his hand off her cheek.

While Mr. and Mrs. Windsor were completely immersed in their own conversation, Duke Lorenzo had been watching the interaction between Ariana and Sean keenly. 

He remembered his own conversation with King Xavier before his departure. The King had wished to know about Lady Ariana's well-being and the type of people she is associating with. 

Duke Lorenzo was now conflicted. Should he tell him truth or save a werewolf from the agony of loosing its mate to another?