"If you wanted to prove me how bad I am at archery, congratulations! You did it successfully." The alpha said through gritted teeth, digging his nails into the rough skin of his palm.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked over him, handing him the bow.

"Give yourself more credit and maybe things will work out" he tried to encourage him.

Jungkook heaved a sigh and took the weapon in his hands, grabbing another arrow from his own quiver. He parted his legs a bit to gain more balance, narrowed his eyes at the target and shot again. To his unfortune, the arrow thudded pathetically into the ground in front of the tree.

"See? It doesn't work." The alpha didn't want to sound like a cry baby, but in emergencies like this, where his ego had fallen to the depths of his despair, he felt like a piece of trash.

Taehyung let his tongue roam over his bottom lip as he scanned the alpha from head to toes, wearing a thoughtful look on his pretty face.

"Here, let me help you." He said and took a step closer, placing one hand on Jungkook's stomach and the other on his lower back. "Straighten up your posture." Taehyung instructed.

The alpha did as he was told, taking the same stance he had been staying in for the last few hours.

"Now take a deep breath and try to focus only on the red dot." The omega's smooth voice rang in his ears, causing chills to run the entire length of Jungkook's spine.

And so, he did. It was awkward (for Jungkook, that was), the way Taehyung stood behind him, chest pressed right against his back and a hand at his waist, steadying.

"Concentrate, okay?" The omega murmured, voice low and right by his ear. "I want you to let go the arrow slowly. I know it's easy to be impatient, but the slower, the better, since it's easier to sense how quick the shot will be. And don't worry about missing the target."

It was ridiculous, how Jungkook's heart was beating rapidly with every warm breath brushing over the shell of his ear, and yet he felt so at ease.

He steadied his breathing and focused on the exhale as he pulled back the bowstring, sighting eye trained intensely on the small red painted dot on his target. When his lungs emptied out. he let go, hearing the arrow whistle through the air until it stuck solidly in the center, a perfect bullseye. Jungkook grinned ecstatically and looked down to see Taehyung's reaction, noticing the proud look in his eyes.

"Not bad." The alpha commented, admiring the shot they made.

"Next time I won't be there to guide you, though." the omega shyly stated out, unknowingly getting Jungkook's heart beating a bit more.

From that close, he could see some specific features on Taehyung's face. The cute mole resting on the tip of his nose, his long eyelashes and flawless skin. Taehyung was truly the epitome of perfection. He was extraordinary, undeniably beautiful and brave. Yeah, sometimes a pain in the ass, too.

The omega was quick to notice the way Jungkook stared at him so dreamily and pulled his hands away. Taking a small step back, he purposefully put some space between them.

"Do you want to try it by yourself this time?" he asked after coughing a bit to clear his throat, perking his head up to see his reaction.

The alpha eyed the bow in his hands, poking the inside of his cheek with his togue, his dark eyebrows were furrowed together.

"Can't we try something else instead?" Jungkook gathered up the courage to ask. He was done with the archery for today. He didn't want to say it out loud, but he secretly wished for them to move to the main part of his training.