8. Dylan Cozens - Why don't you like me?

just noticed they're playing us in that gif and I don't like it😂😂😂🇨🇿

anyway, imagine requested by Dylan-cozens, sorry if this isn't exactly what you meant in your request, but I did my best😂
also, I don't know what happens on the draft day so sorry if it's nonsense
you're Trevor's little sister in this and you're 17, it's draft 2019

word count: 1313
warnings: 2 swear words I think

hope you like it! ❤️
_________________________________________

Dylan has been acting really weird around you lately. He started to avoid you, for example he would leave a room when you entered, or even not hang out with his friends at all when someone told him you'd be there etc. You don't know what happened though - you used to hang out quite often due to having mutual friends, and there was never any problem. It wasn't like you were best friends, but you've always been nice to each other.

It certainly didn't help that you might have developed feelings for the young Canadian, so it hurt even more when he started acting like this.

Right now, you were at a party that was held after the draft, talking to Alex and Jack and, currently laughing at some stupid joke that Jack told you two.

When you eventually stopped laughing, you looked around the room. When your eyes found Dylan, you noticed that he's looking at you, but right after you made eye contact, he quickly looked down to the ground. You frowned a little before turning back to the two boys in front of you.

Y/n's pov:

"Hey guys, do you know what's up with Dylan?" I asked them, taking a sip of my drink.

"What do you mean? As far as I know he's fine." Jack answered, looking at me.

"Well, he's been avoiding me, you know? Like, he can't seem to stand being in the same room as me and he always turns away when I look at him. I really don't know what his problem is." I said, hoping the two players would at least have an idea about what could be wrong with their friend.

"Why do you care so much Y/n? If I stopped talking to you, I bet you'd be glad I finally stopped annoying you." Alex said smirking a little.

"I care because people usually like me, okay? And if they don't, I'd at least want to know the reason why." I said and looked in Dylan's direction, who was now talking to Cole.

As I was looking away, I missed the way Alex and Jack shared a quick glance before Jack started talking. "Well Y/n, maybe it's best if you just go and ask him yourself, don't you think?" I turned back to look at him, contemplating it for a minute before handing him my drink and nodding. I turned around and went right to the spot where Dylan and Cole were.

Dylan didn't notice me until I got to them, so he didn't have to run away. When he noticed me standing right in front of them, I could see him become uncomfortable.

"Cole, could you please excuse us for a minute? I need to talk to Dylan." I asked Cole but kept my eyes on Dylan.

"Well actually-" he started to protest, but immediately stopped himself, put his hands up in surrender and started backing away when he saw the glare I gave him.

When I looked back at Dylan, he was running his hand through his hair and looking anywhere but me.

"Why don't you like me?" I asked, looking right at his face. He quickly looked back at me, slight shock evident on his face.

"What?" "Why don't you like me, Dylan? You always avoid me and you don't want to have anything with me. What did I do?" I asked him with a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Oh my god Y/n, you didn't do anything. I'm sorry for acting like that. Trust me that I like you.. it's just.." he paused, trying to find the right words to say.

"Just what?" I urged him.

"I like you a little too much for your brother's liking." he said, avoiding my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. I was really confused right now.

"I mean what I say Y/n. I like you, and I'd love to ask you out. But Trevor doesn't want that, and I respect him." Dylan said, looking back into my eyes.

My eyes widened and anger started to rise in me. I excused myself before going to find my older brother in the crowd. When I finally found him, I walked right up to him.

"Hey Trevor, come into the kitchen with me. I need to talk to you." Trevor excused himself from whoever he was talking to and followed you into the kitchen that was now empty.

"'Sup sis?" Trevor asked, looking at you.

"Did you tell Dylan not to ask me out?"
I asked him, anger evident in my tone.

"What? Who-" he started but I cut him off.

"It's doesn't fucking matter who told me Trevor! Who the fuck gave you the right to decide about who I can and can't date, huh?" I asked in a slightly raised voice but not yelling, not wanting to attract too much attention.

"Y/n calm down, okay! You know I don't want you to date hockey players! I know how some of us are and I don't want you to get hurt. I'm just looking out for you, as a big brother should, okay?" he defended himself.

I sighed and looked around before looking back at him.

"Look Trevor, I really appreciate that you care about me and you don't want me to get hurt. But I think it's time for me to decide who I will and won't date. I'm 17, you know? Besides, do you really think Dylan would hurt me? He's a good guy Trevor, and you know that." I told him, hoping to make him change his mind. He may not have any say in my love life, but I still wouldn't want to go against him.

He sighed and dragged his hand over his face before speaking again.

"Okay. Okay, you can go out with him. But tell him that if he ever hurts you, I'm going to make sure he'll never be able to play hockey again, okay?" he said with a light smile. I cheered and ran up to him to give him a hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you. I love you bro. You're the best." I said happily after I pulled away from the hug.

"Yeah yeah I know. Now go find Dylan. But I have one rule - no PDA in front of me, okay? Or I'll change my mind again." he said and I laughed before smiling at him and running out of the kitchen to find Dylan.

I found him in the same spot I left him in and immediately walked up to him. When he saw me, he looked at me a little nervously and opened his mouth to talk.

"Y/n, where-" he started but I cut him off by placing a small kiss on his cheek. When I pulled away, he looked completely stunned.

"I talked to Trevor and he said it's okay if you ask me out. If you want to that is." I smiled up at the taller boy. At that, his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Are you serious?" he asked, grinning down at me. I nodded my head, grin breaking out on my face as well.

"Well then, Y/n, would you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" he asked, taking one of my hands into his.

"Yes!" I answered excitedly and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him. He laughed before wrapping his arms around my body.

"You don't even know how long I've wanted to do this for." he said into my ear so I could hear him over the music and people chatting.

"You don't even know how long I've wanted you to do this for." I said back to him without pulling away from the hug, wanting to stay there as long as I could.

_________________________________________

hey guys, hope you liked it

if you could follow me on my Tumblr blog, it would mean a lot, my name on there is natbarzal, it's kind of a hockey blog, I just post there about hockey players and you know, just that stuff😂

have a nice day! ♥️