He can not stop thinking about what you said the night before the incident. Something about being able to care for yourself.

What would you say to him now? He imagines that it would be something to remind him of how the accident is your fault, how he should not beat himself up over it, but all that does is convince him that he should have been faster to act or to respond or something. There had to have been something he, in his infinite wisdom, could have done. What else can he reason? That he is powerless? That he had no say in what happened that night of nights?

'How come I can plan and build a combat vehicle out of alien technology and an old subway car and I can't—'

He jumps at a loud banging at the door.

"Donnie!" He can hear Raphael's wicked grin from behind the door. "Bank robbery! Let's go!"

He sighs, capping the marker. His breakdown will have to wait.

"Comin'!"

--

The ringing in your ears is already annoying.
You have been awake for about five minutes. You have elected against moving for a plethora of reasons, but the ringing is a relatively large determining factor in your decision. You are, admittedly, not sure where you are until you hear the tell-tale incessant beeping you remember from your childhood. You do not open your eyes yet. You are incredibly drowsy for some reason.

'Hospital?'

You sit up carefully, wincing as a numb pain permeates through your arms. You run your fingers over your face curiously, feeling for any perceived disfigurement as your eyes scan your surroundings. The small room you have been placed in seems standard; there are a couple of chairs under a window that makes up half of the wall, a television screen in a corner of the room, an inoffensive painting, and a small vase filled with some sort of white flowers.

You feel a protruding scar on the right side of your face. It traces from the bridge of your nose to about halfway across your cheekbone. As you bring your hands down to pull the hospital gown away from your body, you catch sight of your hands. Long, jagged cuts run vertically along the front of your hands, and as your eyes travel up your arms, you notice fewer, shorter scars along the insides of your forearms. You swallow, pulling the cloth away from your body to see long scratches running from your thighs to under your ribcage. You pull the blanket off to find that one of your legs is encased in a white cast.

You blink. 'What stupid thing did I do?'

You lay back down, fingers absentmindedly tracing the scars. 'I must have been out for a bit.' You push the hair out of your face, noting how oddly shaky your hands are as you try to focus on what had happened. 'Why wouldn't my folks be here? They wouldn't ditch me in a hospital, would they?' You hold them out in front of you, palms to the ceiling. 'I don't look old or anything. My nails aren't much longer than they were before, so I can't have been out for that long.'

Your eyebrows furrow. 'Parents...' You swallow. 'Oh, right. The fire.' Your eyes go out of focus. 'Dead. I was, too, until recently.' You put your arms down. 'I'm hungry. Where am I?' You close your eyes. 'New York. East coast. How far is the East Coast from the West Coast? I should call her so she knows I'm—no, she's dead.'

"All dead and gone," you mumble the tune to yourself.

You cover your face. 'Focus. What happened?' You recall what you think is a church. 'Turtles. Turtle. Oh, TMNT. Where are people? Focus.' You yank at a piece of your hair, mumbling to yourself as you try to run through the memory again.

The image of that man's body takes your breath away.

You shut your eyes tighter. 'Right. Car. Glass. Glass would be a good candy. Could you make glass out of sugar? Isn't that what a lollipop is?' You hug yourself tightly, careful of the IV as you roll onto your side towards it. 'I killed someone. Someones. That's not a word. Gasoline smells bad.' You feel tears prick at your eyes. 'I deserve to die for that. There has to have been an easier way to do that. I deserve to burn again. That explosion was so prettily animated in that episode. I can't breathe.'