"So, I broke Y/N's arms, right?"

His head snaps up. "You what?"

"There he is," Raph chuckles. "Knew that'd get his attention."

"Don't make me go over there," he glares. His face flushes in embarrassment.

Leonardo rolls his eyes at his brother's antics. "As I was saying, it's been pretty quiet, hasn't it? Since the incident?"

"Now that you mention it," Raph points out, "since the whole Leatherhead fiasco, I don't think anything's really happened. Ya know, besides the Kraang thing." He crosses his arms behind his head, leaning back into the couch. "It's been getting' kinda boring if I'm bein' honest."

"It's that desire to fight that's going to get you killed," Donatello informs him, staring at the television screen. "Saw what happened to her, right? Weren't you just saying how stupid she was being?"

"Yeah, but that's different." He smiles sharply. "She's got exactly no training. As much as you guys seem to have a thing for humility all of a sudden," he waves his hand contemptuously, "the only reason she got hurt is that she was being stupid, so we're pretty much undefeated, no thanks to Leo."

He stands up, deciding against fighting him. "If you need me," he says curtly, "I'll be in my lab."

"Watch it, Raph," the eldest brother snaps.

"Why should I?" He throws his hands up. "Am I wrong?"

Mikey quietly grabs his comic off the floor, retreating to his room, presumably.

Donatello slides the door in between him and his brothers as he sits down at his desk.

You have been stuck in the hospital for about two weeks now.

'Technically,' he corrects himself as he pulls his laptop open, 'it's been three hundred fifty-seven hours, meaning it's closer to fifteen days than two weeks. Why do I know that?' He pulls up an image, uncapping a permanent marker and working on one of the more mindless parts of his latest project: reviving an incredibly battered map. He already has a frame for it once he is finished, but, knowing his brothers, the fading colors would likely be a point of contention if he did not at least make an effort to make it easier to read. Fortunately for him, it is not laminated. Unfortunately—depending on how you look at it— a lot of the finer details—the integral streets names in particular—are all irreparably smudged and, therefore, will have to be all rewritten by hand, turning a once twenty-minute job into at least a two-hour investment.

He tries to tune out the incessant arguing of his two older brothers as he focuses on making his minute handwriting legible despite the infuriatingly fat marker nib.

"You should have taken her offer for a pen when you had the chance," he mumbles to himself.

His hand stops.

'Would it be weird to go check on her again? Just to make sure she's still alright? I mean,' he goes back to work, 'even if it were, how would she know?'

He shakes his head to clear it. 'Stop that. You're being a creep again.'

Over those two weeks, his distractedness has become more of a problem than it has in the past in reference to his work. He is hardly a stranger to having a thousand thoughts bouncing around his head at once, but where once a rapid stream of information was there is now an aggravatingly slow sludge. The origin of said mind sludge is not at all a mystery to him, which makes the whole thing infinitely more frustrating. 'Frustrating? Depressing? Does it even matter?'

He rubs his eye absentmindedly with the heel of his palm as he strains to see what he is doing. The smell of the marker is corrosive in his nostrils. His hand shakes. He sets it down, wringing his hands as if to force them back into submission as he stares holes into the map. 'This is not supposed to be challenging.' He closes his eyes, the image of you lying on the ground, a bloody, skeletal figure shaking and begging for your life carved into the backs of his eyelids, a hideous scar.