Prolouge

"Sometimes we have to let go love for good even though it means leaving your happiness."

"But Halmeoni what if we don't want to?" 5 year old Jongin asks his sick Grandmother.

Jongin's grandmother remains quite at his innocent question .

"You'll understand when you grow up Jongin Ah" His Grandmother changes the topic .

"But if you love the person really and very much you should try your best to keep it" The Grandmother made a Hwaiting sign .

Jongin nods with confidence and also makes a hwaiting sign.

Little did he know this is the hardest thing to do ever .

After this conversation between the Grandmother-Grandson . Some days later something tragic happened.

"Jongin ah , Promise me you'll be yourself and fight for the person you love ?" Jongin's grandmother requested him . Laying in her hospital bed waiting for time to go to the afterlife.

Jongin nods as tears falls from his eyes and lands on his cheeks .

"It's time for Halmeoni to meet your Halabeoji"

She continues with "when you go home go to my desk and take out the letter , make sure to read it with your future wife" She laughs in pain while trying her best not to cry as she's leaving her most favorite person on earth .

They hug the last time . And that's when it was the last hug to ever get from Jongin's Grandma.

12 years later

Kim Jongin

Kim Jongun's middle son

Engaged to Kim Yoona

17 years old