One Shot

(A/N: DARKEU MODE TO FEEL THE FEELS. BEING EDITED ATM)

"You actually did it!"

"You're amazing hyung!"

Yoohyun battered his elder brother with praises and excessive compliments.

"I'm amazing right?~"

Yoojin blushed a little and his eyes crinkled at the corners.

What he held in his tiny little hands was an origami of a four-leaf clover. Young Han Yoojin had always been talented in arts and crafts.

He decided to learn it because Yoohyun liked it and wanted him to.

"Here. You can have it.~"

Little Yoohyun's eyes shone. He could hardly contain his happiness.

"Really?!"

"Mhm~"

Yoojin smiled with a chuckle.

He cared a lot about his little brother. It was only natural as Yoohyun was the only blood relative he had left in this world.

He didn't have many friends. He didn't have time for relationships either. 

There weren't many people in their lives. They only had each other and they only needed each other.

Yoohyun could not remember anything about his parents.

He could not recall a single memory he shared with them.

But that did not really matter to him. Afterall, he had Yoojin.

Yoojin was and will always will be his favorite person.

Yoojin dedicated his time and effort into finding money to support both himself and his little brother.

But he always had time for Yoohyun.

Yoohyun's life revolved around his older brother. He knows every little thing about his hyung. 

From the way he holds his spoon when eating to the way his eyes would shine whenever his favorite TV show was on.

Life was peaceful. Yoohyun didn't want to change anything.

.

.

.

But their lives all started falling apart when the apocalypse arrived.

Many things happened.

Yoohyun became an S-rank hunter and eventually became successful after establishing his own guild.

On the other hand, Yoojin. His hyung didn't acquire any abilities.

Yoohyun was relieved at first. He thought that it would be better if his hyung didn't have to risk his life in dungeons.

He didn't want to lose his hyung. His only purpose. His only reason for moving forward. His everything.

But Yoojin thought otherwise. He wanted abilities. He wanted strength. He didn't want to be weak. He didn't want to be a burden to his younger brother.

"Please, Yoohyun... You're the only one who can help me..."

Yoojin knelt down in front of his dongsaeng. His eyes red from crying.

"..."

Yoohyun didn't say anything. His eyes looked cold, looking down at Yoojin.

"Yoohyu-

"I don't care."

Yoohyun cut off whatever Yoojin was about to say and forced himself to say those three words.

He then turned around and walked away from Yoojin concealing his silent tears.

.

.

.

"If I died. Would you care?"

Youhyun stopped walking away as he was completely taken aback.

Of course he would care. But he couldn't say it. It was for his hyung's sake.

Yoohyun thought it was better for Yoojin to resent him. Atleast he could protect him. Atleast he could ensure his safety.

But why...?

Why...?

Tears welled up in his eyes.

He held in his hands the four-leaf clover Yoojin gave to him many years ago.

He treasured it. He had always kept it with him.

Yoohyun wiped away his tears as he got out of his car and entered the hospital.

He had gotten a report from one of the bodyguards he had assigned to his hyung.

His hyung apparently sneakily escaped from him and went into a dungeon with a dungeon broker.

"Fucking..."

Yoohyun couldn't help but swear.

He couldn't believe how incompetent the bodyguards he assigned to his hyung were.

Yoohyun opened the door to the hospital room his hyung was in.

His tears started to fall down once again. His cries echoed in the hallway.

Infront of him was a lifeless body of what used to be his older brother.

"You actually did it, hyung."

[End]