023 | i want you to be happy

third person

saturday afternoon; the group was at jonah, corbyn, and eben's place to hang out again. they've all been hanging out together recently since the boys would be going on tour in less than 2 weeks and wanted to spend as much time with everyone as much as possible.

evie, mira, zach, jonah, corbyn, and jack were all there. daniel was on a date with franny, phoebe would be coming from work and eben was with friends who'd also be coming later.

"can we order the pizza now?" zach asked since he was getting hungry.

evie hopped onto the middle of the couch and sinking into its cushions, shaking her head. "no can do sir, but we're waiting for pheebs remember?"

"well then where is pheebs?"

"hEY!" mira yelled all the way from the kitchen, "only we call her pheebs."

the blonde held up her index finger, "and jack."

"and me." jack said at the same time while he took his seat near zach on the floor.

corbyn walked into the main room with drinks in his hand and placed them on the table. "oh just date already."

"exactly," zach motioned his hand over to corbyn, then tilted his head to jack, "wait why aren't you guys dating yet?"

mira, evie, and jack all answered him at the same time, "because she isn't ready."

"well shit are you all dating her or something?" jonah laughed, placing down the tray of snacks and appetizers they'd all be eating while waiting for pizza.

"sure that's one way to put it." evie joked while she took a potato chip from the bowl. jonah sat down next to evie while corbyn sat by jack and turned on the tv to today's football game.

"football?" evie groaned, "i didn't know we were watching football."

"oh just watch the game, you might learn to love it." corbyn said as he raised the volume on the tv.

the blonde had a teasing grin on her lips and nodded over to jonah and corybn, "you two look stupid with your jerseys you know."

ashley and jordan, who were also there, were indeed wearing jerseys as well. evie immediately stopped her smiling and shook her head, "n-not you guys. you guys look good, hot even."

she stopped herself short again and lowered her voice into a whisper as she talked to mira, "remind me never to come back here again."

the game started and corbyn and jordan made their attempts to teach evie how it works. obviously she knew football, she just never cared for it. mira on the other hand, she had 3 brothers. 2 of them were twins and 3 years older than her, and then she had a younger brother who was still in high school.

football was no foreign thing to her growing up.

during the game, mira got a text from phoebe saying she'd be coming in a couple minutes but she couldn't stay due to her date with luke tonight- which none of them were expecting.

not that anyone else knew. only evie and mira, who weren't the biggest fan of luke in the first place. they were "team jack" as evie called it, but phoebe told them she couldn't bail now for it'd be "rude."

"phoebe's coming in 10, but she probably won't be able to stay for halftime." mira announced to the group.

popping a french fry in his mouth, zach asked, "wait why not?"

"she's got a date." evie informed them, the words giving off a weird feeling in her mouth. phoebe hasn't been on a date since dating her ex, cameron.