Chapter 10

"Okay, what are we waiting for?" Luke asked and I quickly turned back to the computer.

"Your wife and I created new identities and altered your biometric profiles so the airport scanners don't recognize your faces or your fingerprints. You're Sarah Atkins and you work in insurance." Deckard told his sister, handing over a file.

"Wonderful." Hattie said.

"I'm Corrine Whitfield and I'm a creative writing teacher." I smiled.

"Of course you are." Luke chuckled.

"I'm Franz Gruber, a freelance architect, avid mountain climber, and a part-time ski instructor. I'm also her husband." Deckard smiled.

"Excuse me?" Luke and I asked.

"Yes, that way it isn't too awkward. If the two of you are seen together it might be a little obvious."

"You're pushing your luck, Shaw." I sighed.

"Moving forward with you, you're Michael Oxmaul." Deckard said.

"This is going to be horrible but possibly hilarious." I muttered.

"Okay, we need to change and get going. When does the flight leave?" Hattie asked.

"Leaves in two hours." I told her.

"We need to change." she insisted.

"Yeah, let's move on." I agreed.

We took about 20 minutes to change and then we made our way to the airport. Deckard was being super petty and grabbed my hand as we walked through the airport. At one point I turned around and winked at Luke, the gentleman next to him was glaring at me. Security and TSA were pretty quick until my real husband got stopped. I tried to stop but Deckard pulled me along and honestly when they started calling out his name I really did start to chuckle.

"What did you do?" I asked him.

"Yes, what exactly did they stop him for?" Hattie asked.

"Whatever it is, it's gonna involve rubber gloves and a body cavity search. Let's go."

"That was very mean but slightly funny." I chuckled.

"I thought you might find it funny." he smiled.

I don't know how long that body search is going to take but knowing my husband he'll talk his way out of it. By the time we got on the plane, Luke still wasn't here and I'm not really liking this.

"Can't believe you did that." Hattie told her brother.

"He was gonna slow us down." Deckard said.

"You act like he's not gonna make it to the plane. My husband is very charismatic. It was funny but absolutely a waste of time and not really helpful in the long run, I mean really, did you expect me to help you without Luke here?" I asked.

"I figured you'd be okay with it." he argued.

"You figured wrong and don't do it again."

"We can't pull this off, we both know it. Bad enough I've got this thing in my blood that's gonna kill me and everyone else. But were you seriously gonna break this mysterious machine out of some high-security death virus complex and magically get it to work?" Hattie asked.

"You obviously haven't heard of me and my family. We make it a habit of doing things that no one else would do for the greater good. We're idiotic by nature but shit always works out so I don't believe this is going to be any different, it's just a different set of parameters. Each job is to a certain extent." I told her, shrugging my shoulders.