Lukas wore a small, shy smile as he stared down at him. His damp hair looked dirty-blonde due to the water and his eyes seemed to sparkle in the light. He wasted no time in pulling Beau in for a kiss. Beau's heart leaped and he quickly reached for the back of Lukas's neck to pull him closer. The ends of Lukas's hair tickled his fingertips as he molded into Lukas's embrace.

"I'm going to take you out for dinner" Lukas decided as he pulled away. Beau took a moment to catch his breath before he began processing exactly what Lukas had said.

Was he crazy? They couldn't go out for dinner because every restaurant owner in town knew Lukas's father. So unless he was planning on going to their usual hang-out spots and just casually getting a pizza as 'friends' they would surely be outed.

"Where?" Beau asked with caution lacing his voice.

"There's this new Italian place in Nashville" Lukas shrugged. "Plenty of people, nobody to recognize us. Just two boys out on a date," A wide smile broke out on Beau's face and a wave of excitement washed over him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" Beau laughed as he placed a quick kiss on Lukas's lips after each thank you. Lukas laughed at Beau's excitement before brushing fixing Beau's hair which had been messed up about a million times.

"I'll pick you up at six, we'll get there at seven and be back around nine or ten?" Lukas offered. Beau nodded although he hadn't fully processed what Lukas was saying. All he knew was that one thought was circling his mind:

I'm going on a date with Lukas

_________________________________________

"Is dad supposed to give Lukas a talk when he picks you up or is that just for girls or should mom maybe do it?" Lucy asked as she watched Beau switch back and forth between two jackets. He was wearing a simple black turtleneck and nice pants. Now he just had to decide between a black or brown jacket.

"None of the above" Beau sighed before turning to the fluffy-haired girl. "Which one?"

"Neither. It's Summer, you'll be warm enough in that" Lucy scoffed. Beau sighed and set down both of the jackets on his chair. He adjusted his hair for the millionth time while Lucy continued to ramble on. "I wouldn't be surprised if mom gave him a talk. You know how she is"

"She already gave us both a talk"

"Really? About what?" Beau only smirked. He was a nice person, that much was true. But Lucy was his sister and nowhere in the rules did it say you had to be nice to siblings.

"Something about no sex anywhere except my bed" Beau sent his sister a wink as her face morphed into one of pure horror and she quickly jumped off of Beau's bed.

"Ew! Beau, gross!" She shouted as she chucked one of Beau's pillows at him. Beau laughed as he dodged the pillow. Sure, the joke wasn't amazing. But he knew that even the mention of sex weirded or grossed his sister out. The ring of the doorbell cut into their banter and Beau quickly rushed downstairs hoping to reach the door before Shelby. He failed.

"Lukas, darling. Don't you look handsome" Shelby gushed as she admired the boy she had claimed as a son. Beau smiled and joined his mother at the doorway. He looked up to find Lukas wearing a light gray collared sweater and nice pants. His blonde hair was neatly styled for the first time ever and he wore a charming smile as he exchanged polite conversation with Shelby.

"Thank you"

"Okay, then. You boys have fun... Beau, don't stay out all night. You still have to wake up and do your chores in the morning" Shelby briefly explained. She planted a quick kiss on each boy's cheek before heading inside. Beau sighed in relief and quickly pressed his lips against Lukas's. Lukas smiled into the kiss and his hands lightly lingered on his hips.