What about me? (fluff)

You fire your gun off into the cranks that are running towards you. Stalling as Fry, Newt, and Thomas manage to pull themselves from the flipped jeep. You pull the trigger again as the monsters draw closer but nothing happens.

"I'm out!" You call to your friends turning to see cranks coming towards the four of you on either side. Suddenly a bright light flashes into the dark crank-filled tunnel. You watch as a car comes flying through stopping in front of the four of you. You see an attractive brunette pop out the back beginning to fire a handgun into the sea of creatures.

"GET IN!" She yells and you all start to the car. You have the farthest to run the three others reaching the car before you. Finally, you reach the car, hopping in as Jorge steps on the gas. You all are breathing heavily as you sit down at the base of the trunk. You drive no one talking much except for Jorge saying he's surprised you made it almost a day on our own. You're still in shock from almost being eaten by zombies otherwise you would have laughed or offered up a smart-ass comment. You look to Brenda who has been avoiding eye contact since you got in the car. Brenda was your girlfriend and you felt terrible for leaving her but Minho was your friend, not hers. You needed to be the one to save him. Besides Thomas wouldn't have let you bring them along, he was already hesitant about bringing you, Newt, and Fry. You travel down an old road turning around a corner you see it. A large gleaming city only a few miles away surrounded by large walls hundreds of feet high. You snort

"Is that a WICKEDs solution for everything?" You say in disgust remember being trapped in the maze.

"apparently" Fry replies as Jorge parks the car. You all get out Thomas talking with Newt and Fry helping Jorge with something. You walk over to Brenda who is loading her gun as she sits on the grass overlooking the city below. You sit down and feel her stiffen at your presence. 

"I'm so-" You begin to apologize but she stops you.

"What the HELL were you thinking!" She yells putting down her gun and whipping around to face you. "What the hell were you thinking Y/N, come on tell me!" She says walking closer so her face is next to yours.

"We need to get Minho"

"And I wouldn't have gone with you!" She hisses making you angry.

"He's my best friend Brenda! I'm sorry I didn't want to put you in danger because of my friends!" You yell back feeling your anger rise.

"What about me!" She yells,

"What about you!?" You yell back matching her tone. She stands up in a huff clearly hurt by your words. You jump up trying to grab her but she flinches away like you have the flare. She looks back with tears in her eyes.

"You and Jorge are all I have...Y/N, so I'd rather risk my life with you than be safe alone" You look at her in shock as she turns back wiping the tears. You had never seen her cry before so it really showed how upset she was. She then steps forward her demeanor changing, cupping your face in her hands. "I need you Y/N"

"You don't need me," You say back, a blush creeping onto your face.

"I do," She says before tightening her grip on your face "so don't you ever do anything like that again, you hear me!"

"Yes" you mumble

"good" she then leans in kissing your temple, you stand like that until Jorge says it's time to go.