01: The Gods Are Real

Outfit:

We weren't doing anything! We were just sitting outside

We weren't doing anything! We were just sitting outside. Next thing I know I'm being attacked, and my dad is driving me to some camp I can't remember the name of!

*************
Flashback:

My best friends Eliza and Marie were sitting outside on the grass, looking up at the stars. They've been my best friends for as long as I can remember. On the week of Mothers Day, every child in the 2nd grade was to bring in their mother for a day of fun. Except me. I don't have a mom. I mean, I'm sure I do somewhere, but I never met her.

Anyways, so these kids were making fun of me for not having a mom, and Eliza and Marie stepped in. Since then, it's like we've been glued at the hip.

So, we were looking up at the stars when I said,

"Hey guys, do you see how gorgeous the moon is tonight?"

And all of a sudden, a huge shadow comes out of the bushes. It was a woman wearing a trench coat.

"Oh, here she is. The Forbidden One. I've been waiting a long time to have my chance to kill you," She said and attacked.

Eliza and Marie screamed and backed away. I backed up as well.

"Who are you?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"I am Stethno. One of the 3 Gorgons." She said.

"But that's not possible! The 3 gorgons are ancient myths!" I screamed.

"Do I look like a myth to you?" She asks, annoyed.

I run up to her and punch her in the face. She holds her head back, in surprise.

"You dare-" she began, but I cut her off with a kick to her stomach. She begins to swing at me, and I duck.

"Not so tough, are you?" I taunt, and she screams. As soon she is about to hit me, I hear a voice in my head.

"Your bracelet."

"What?" I ask.

"The bracelet I gave you as a baby. The one you've been wearing since you were born. Twist it." The voice said.

I twisted my bracelet, and all of a sudden, I felt weight on my shoulders. In my hand was a bow, on my back a sheath of arrows made of silver. I quickly strung the arrow into the bow and let loose, aiming at the gorgon's chest. I knew I had succeeded when she screamed and burst into a pile of dust.

Eliza and Marie quickly run up to me.

"That was AWESOME!" Eliza shouts.

"Yeah, totally cool." Marie agrees.

"Cool? Try scary. What just happened?" I asked.

Just then my dad walked out.

"Is everything all right?" He asked.

"No, we were attacked by a gorgon!" I shrieked.

My dad sighed. "I knew this would happen eventually."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I explain in the car. Pack your bags. We'll drop Eliza and Marie off at home." He said.

I did as he said. I always obey my father. I packed only the essentials, I had no idea where we were going.

We dropped my best friends off at their houses. And I told my dad to spill it.

"Honey, I don't know how to say this. Your mom was a goddess." He said.

"What? You mean like Hera, Aphrodite, Artemis, those goddesses?" I asked.

"Exactly. I don't know who she was though. That's all I knew about her. She had to leave when you were born, she couldn't stay with us. She was beautiful." He said.

I slumped back in my seat. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"To a camp, for special people like you. Demigods." He said.

The rest of the trip was silent. We made it to a field and I walked out.

"This is as far as I can go. I love you Isabella, we'll see each other again, I promise." My dad said.

"Goodbye dad." I said, tearing up.

I walked to an entrance that read 'Camp Half-Blood' That was weird, considering Ive been diagnosed with dyslexia, and can't read. I took a closer look at the sign, and realized it wasn't written in English. It was written in Ancient Greek. And I could read it no problem.

This has been the weirdest day of my life.

**********
Well hey there! I see you've stumbled across my new book! For you newcomers, hello. My name is Liz. I have written another story, go check it out!

Xoxo,
Liz