unexpected meetings in cute coffee shops make you feel like you're in a movie

~george's pov~

George woke up with a start, disoriented in his new apartment. As soon as he gained consciousness his nerves began to take over his body. He was suddenly hyper-aware that he was in a completely new country all alone, a new start. He started to internally panic until he saw a notification pop up on his phone. He let out a sigh of relief.

Dream.

Dream and George had been online friends for almost 5 years now. There was no denying it, the two were inseparable. Although George didn't know where Dream lived, or even what he looked like, he knew that they were each other's closest friends. It didn't bug George that his friend was so private, although it would be nice if he could see the face of the person he spent all day crushing on.

Dream always seemed to know when George needed him. And right now George needed him.

dreeeam😉

Hey, the change of scenery has got to be overwhelming. let me know if you need to talk about it. i'm here.
9:36 AM

george
thanks dream, it means a lot. really
9:37 AM

"God he's so perfect."  George thought to himself. He couldn't help but fall for him. It was like Dream was made for him. If only he felt the same way....

George, feeling better after Dream's loving text, got ready to explore his new home, Florida.

He walked over to his closet and picked out his favorite pair of black jeans paired with Dream's oversized merch hoodie. George smiled to himself as he thought back on Dream insisting on sending him one of his own hoodies instead of a new one from the merch shop.

He got in his car and decided he would try and find a cute cafe near his apartment complex. He settled on a pretty looking brick building named " the coffee house".

George parked his car and entered the cafe. As he walked in, he felt someone's eyes on the back of his head while he tried to find a table. He turned around to see who was staring at him and made eye contact with the cutest boy he'd ever seen.

Standing behind the counter was a young barista, around his age. He had sandy blonde wavy hair, paired with piercing green eyes. His skin was tanned nicely, freckles splattered perfectly across his nose.

George met his eyes and could feel himself melting inside. The boys eyes felt so familiar and safe despite the fact they had never met before. George noticed the boy glance down at his hoodie with the biggest grin anyone had ever seen.

"Hmm. He must be a Dream stan."  George laughed to himself. The thought of Dream immediately made him feel guilty for thinking of barista boy in that way. However, George couldn't help himself from staring. He was just so drawn to him.

Mustering up the confidence to approach him, George walked up to the counter to order. The boy's smile got wider as he approached, causing George to blush furiously.

"Why is he looking at me so lovingly?" George wondered in confusion.

"Hi, can i get one vanilla iced coffee with almond milk?" George asked timidly. The boy looked down grinning even wider than he was before. He hesitated for a moment before responding.

"Can I get anything else for you...Georgie?"

George froze.

No. Fucking. Way.

George knew that voice anywhere. He could pick that voice out of a crowd of a million people. That was the voice of the boy he was in love with. His best friend.

Time seemed to stop. George was in complete and utter shock, his mind racing.

Dream!?? DREAM. ITS FUCKING DREAM. Oh my god OH MY GOD. Dream is here. I'm looking at him right now, i'm looking at his eyes. Oh god his eyes, he's so perfect- Dream's PERFECT.

George was unable to move or respond until he felt someone barrel into him, knocking him off his feet and onto the ground.

"GEORGE!" Dream cried in excitement. He had leaped over the counter and embraced his best friend with no hesitation, causing the two boys to tumble onto the floor together.

George could've cried as he melted in Dream's arms. He had never felt so happy in his entire life and he hadn't even processed everything yet. All he could do was stare into Dream's eyes.

"George oh my god!" Dream was wheezing, completely on top of George. He was hugging the smaller boy like his life depended on it, and he wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon.

George started coming to his senses and began shaking with laughter, and if we're being honest, tears as well. He clung onto Dream's hoodie as he buried his face into it.

Neither of the boys cared that they were making a scene. In fact, they both forgot that other people existed for a moment. They were finally together, and boy did they have a lot to catch up on.

AUTHORS NOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS HOW WE FEELING AB MY FIRST STORY!??
i actually really like this story and i might add a few other short parts, and maybe even Dream's pov of george walking into the store? I think that'd be super cute. ANYWAYS thank you for reading!