0020 • Plot twist

After the Yule Ball, me and Harry hung out more.

He was just really caring for me as days passed on, and we got along quite often. We made trips to Hogsmeade many times for candy, or tea. It was fun and I liked his company as we always were teasing each other. Though, for some reason he'd always get mad at the mention of hanging with other boys? Which I understand that he was trying to protect me from anyone hurting me like Draco did.

As for Draco?

I haven't seen him for many weeks because I had been avoiding talking to him, or looking at him. He seems like he doesn't want to talk to me either. I was actually happy I didn't make any contact with him, it would've been very awkward if we talked the day he screwed up.

Three months has passed by,

Which makes me here, at the library, reading a book. It was a good day today, and I was going to hang out with Harry to go to Hogsmeade. Things were going good.

Until I felt a touch on my shoulder.

I looked back and my eyes widened as I saw Hermione there, with a weary expression as she looked at me. She was wearing a sweater and jeans she usually wore on a normal day.

I got out of my seat, and faced her properly, setting my book down at the table as I pushed in my chair and faced her, my left hand met my right arm.

We haven't talked in ages, and it felt nice seeing her again.

"Hermione.." I started talking, putting a smile on my face.

"It's nice to talk to you again." Smiled Hermione, as she looked at the ground.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her as I was about to say something to apologize to her, until she spoke up first.

"I'm sorry for what Draco did. I heard it from Harry.." She muttered looking up.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you, and blaming it on you when I know you just wanted a date to the Yule Ball." She apologized, and fiddled with her fingers.

My smiled grew wider as I spoke,

"I'm even more sorry for not believing on what you said. You were right, he is a Slytherin." I said, with disgust in my tone at the word Slytherin. It's pretty hypocritical thinking that I always get mad at Slytherin's for saying mean stuff about our house. I knew all Slytherins weren't like that. My anger inside me cause me to say a biased stereotype thing, and as a Gryffindor, I should've known better.

But I wasn't thinking about that.

We both smiled, and hugged each other.

"Are we cool?" Hermione muttered on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Thank you for being my best friend." I smiled happily.

Than, she pushed me away.

What did I do this time?

I looked at her confused, as she just glared at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"Are you that oblivious?" She questioned tilting her head,

"Have you not noticed? I though it was very obvious."

"Notice what?!" I exclaimed, as I was very confused, even concerned on what she was going to say. Was she going to say something about Potions class?

She soften her expression, as she looked right into my eyes.

"You-you haven't noticed.. that I had a liking for you?." She questioned, in a soft tone

I smiled even more, as I was not even confused anymore. Of course she liked me, I was her best friend. She was just pranking me.

I nodded,

"I love you too. That's what best friends are for-"

"No, Y/N." She interrupted, shaking her head.

"I-I liked you.. but not in that way. In a.. couples way." She stuttered nervously.

"Merlins.. I'm stuttering over the place." Hermione forced a chuckle, but I could tell she was fairly embarrassed.

My eyes widened, my mind going blank.

"What, what?!" I said, looking at her, my eyes scrunched up.

"Y-You like girls?!"

"No!- well.. maybe?.." She exclaimed, questioning her sexuality herself.

My head was twitching as she said that, I had always thought she was.. straight. Nothing more.

"But.. You—- me?! You showed no affection on possibly loving me?" I questioned.

"Really? Or did you just put that in your perspective? Haven't you not notice my helpless stares I've been given you whenever you do something that adores me? Have you been that focused on Harry? Do- you don't like girls. Do you?"

I stood still, as my posture tensed.

I thought about possible chances Hermione did like me, yet I couldn't find any. I only thought of her as a best friend, I didn't think otherwise of her. Sure she was beautiful, but she wasn't my type nor do I see her like that.

I didn't even think she liked girls.

"Whoa, okay wait.." I whispered, as I held up a finger.

"I-I thought you liked Ron?" I pressed on, stuttering a bit.

"I-" She stuttered, looking away.

"That's what I thought too." She whispered, putting her hands to her sides.

"I lost hope when he kissed Lavender, I guess. I don't even know why I'm even admitting it to you. It just hurts that you talk about Draco all the time. Or Harry." She shrugged, looking ashamed.

My head was completely numb from thinking, for everything that had happened, I was to tired to even think.

But I do know, I don't see Hermione that way.

My mouth was unable to move, as the air around us cooled a bit.

I didn't want to break Hermione's heart.
Sure I didn't feel the same, but it didn't mean I wanted to ruin our bond. I had just talked to her for the first time in weeks, and I have been absolutely a mess without her.

So I said this,

"O-okay! Uh, can I think about it since I got out of a bad.. date with Malfoy.. and things are kind of confusing."

She thankfully nodded, understanding what I meant.

But before she left, she walked up to me as she,

Gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Which stunned me as she smiled awkwardly, and walked away.

My posture was frozen, as I still felt her lips on my cheek.

How do I fix this?

I  was thinking of telling Harry this, as I thought he would help.

But the only thing that remained in my head was,

"WHAT THE F-"

••••

Ya'll thought drama was over? ☝️👨🏿‍🦳👩🏻‍🦯