"Why was it unlocked?" he jeered back with a raised eyebrow.

"I never lock it," she shrugged, still focused on her routine. "In case you need something and I can't reach the door. Not like there isn't a shower curtain hiding the goods." 

"Fine," he sighed before holding his breath and hearing the tired footsteps grow closer, noticing them pause every other step as if searching for him. "I think she might be a little attached. She started getting a touch clingy last night."

"How much of a touch?"

"Mmm, I'd say a hint of a stalker, marry me, and have all of my kids kind of touches..." he mumbled, bashfully scratching his neck.

"Bucky..." she sighed, stopping her actions and rubbing a temple. "You really-"

"Listen! She was completely normal up until, you know? We were-"

"I get it," Y/N cringed at the thought, putting a hand up to stop his sentence.

"I messed up. Sue me."

"Don't tempt me. I'll file as an emotionally distressed roommate who has to maneuver around situations like this weekly."

"Now, I wouldn't say weekly, but-"

"What do you want from me, B?"

"Just don't let her know I'm here..."

Perfect timing, a knock sounded at the bathroom door, causing them to both freeze and turn to it.

"Wade? Wade, are you in there?" the voice came through the wood slab.

Y/N turned to Bucky, now sharing her own bitch face and mouthing, 'really, Wade'?

It was his night-out name, so girls didn't look him up and find his multi-million-dollar business and try something stupid. He didn't use it as often as he used to, but lately, it had been making a comeback.

He waved her on and clapped his hands together silently in prayer, begging her to help him.

"Oh, you so owe me for this," she whispered before turning slowly to the door. She took a deep breath before saying, in her best 'manly' voice, "Wade isn't here. He had a family emergency and had to head out for a while."

"Oh, I didn't realize- Who-Who are you?" the mystery girl said in a high-pitched valley tone.

"Uh," she hesitated, coming up with a decent lie. "I'm Steve. I'm Bucky's roommate," she thought on the spot, turning to see the jackass of a friend trying his best to stifle a laugh. "I'll kill you," she mouthed, making him straighten and push back the next laugh, but not the smile covering his face.

"Well, Steve, do you know when he'll be back?" she asked on the other side.

"Not sure, doll. Sounded kind of bad," she clasped her mouth, trying to keep it together, and took a quick breath. "I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone for multiple days."

"Really?"

"He's a busy man, doll," Y/N replied, clearing her throat to tap into the low, manly voice again.

"Um, OK." She sounded disappointed. "Well, I'm going to leave my number on the table. Can you tell him to call me when he gets back?"

"Sure thing," Y/N answered, shaking her head with her eyes closed.

"Thanks, Steve!" the clearly clueless girl responded, walking away and going back to Bucky's room.

Bucky finally spoke up once they heard the bedroom door shut. "That was impressive," he laughed, coming closer to the door and leaning an ear on it. Y/N sent him another glare through the mirror before smacking him hard on the shoulder.